Most wanted unreleased cues?

Brundlefly

I'm not asking for most wanted complete scores, but for a special, single, yet unreleased cue you really want on CD.

My Top 5:

1 Molaram's Speech/The Evil Potion (The Temple of Doom)

2 Professor Trewlaney's Prediction (The Prisoner of Azkaban)

3 The Holy Grail (The Last Crusade)

4 [Cue in Amistad when Yamba explains the bible]

5 Wallcrawler I/Dracula & Mina (Dracula)

Since the John Williams Jurassic Park Collection my Top 5 are all new.

• Willy In The Fryer from Temple of Doom (since it was partially dialed out in the final cut so we currently have to rely on mockups)
  • Woods Walk and Birds Flight from Harry Potter 3 (I think that's the right cue, the one where Hedwig's Theme transitions to the Past theme as the camera zooms into the clock)
  • The Rescue Of Sirius from Harry Potter 3
  • song demos from Hook

Absolutely, now that TLW got blessed by La-La Land Prisoner of Azkaban is the most urgent to be completed in my opinion, as well as Temple of Doom. Hopefully all the franchises (HP, IJ, SW) will be covered soon, then 75% of the my most wanted cues are available.

21 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

I desperately want that missing cue from PoA that goes between "Time to Forward Past" and "Saving Buckbeak."

I really love that unreleased background music with that "tic tic". That's definitely the missing cue I want the most too!

I forgot the name, but I also want the cue at the beginning of Azkaban, where Harry is talking with Ron's father.

That menacing cue. Very short but amazingly effective and atmospheric. 

7 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

I forgot the name, but I also want the cue at the beginning of Azkaban, where Harry is talking with Ron's father.

"Discussing Black" is the title. It blends very well with the preceding cue ("Shawm") and if PoA ever gets the "expanded/complete" treatment, I hope that a bonus track is supplied that has the two edited together as they are in-film. It's crazy how the OST uses that leitmotif, like, once!

7 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Called "Mister Weasley's Warning" if I remember correctly.

And by the way, it is truly incredible that there's absolutely 0 track in the OST where we can find the "Pettigrew's Motif".

8 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

That's a great one!!!  That's "2M2A Discussing Black"   Great introduction of Peter Pettigrew's Theme!

6 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I want the cue early in The Terminal where Viktor sees on the airport tv monitors that his country is in trouble.

I like that one too!  That's "1M2 War in Krakozhia".  I almost put it in my list!

No idea. It would require me to sit down with a film and listen intently to the score to find if there is some amazing cue that has not been released. It would also require knowing the respective soundtrack more or less by heart. But I'm sure there are some out there. The "Big Rescue" track from SUPERMAN was a nice piece. I had never really thought about it when I saw the movie, but in and of itself it's a good one.

At this point, I can't think of any.  I usually don't watch movies second times, so a track would really have to leave an impression on me to make this list - and most of those end up as highlights on the OST anyway.

Well, there are too much cues in the HPs and in the SW Prequels, but "Discussing Black" and "War in Krakozhia" are awesome. The latter is THE one cue that differs a lot from the rest of the score, so why wasn' t it on the OST?

The Voldemort motif in the first HP is neither well presented on the OST.

50 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Well, there are too much cues in the HPs and in the SW Prequels, but "Discussing Black" and "War in Krakozhia" are awesome. The latter is THE one cue that differs a lot from the rest of the score, so why wasn' t it on the OST?

Agreed!  It really stands out in the film (not a lot other things are going on in the audio mix at the time), and its really noticeably missing if you see the film after being very familiar with the OST.

The Voldemort motif in the first HP is neither well presented on the OST.

The recording sessions rectified that, of course.  

In my post I elected to only highlight cues we don't have clean at all, because if we were to start listing great cues that weren't on the OST, but have either leaked out or been on FYCs / rerecordings or whatever, than my list would be enormous....

44 minutes ago, Thor said:

If these tracks are not available on the soundtrack, how do you guys know their names? Do you have access to the score sheets?

Yes.

9 minutes ago, Thor said:

If these tracks are not available on the soundtrack, how do you guys know their names? Do you have access to the score sheets?

They leaked long ago. Additionally, the BMI website has a wealth of cue titles.

One issue I'm really afraid of is the fact that PoA contains a lot of very very short cues, so that Williams himself could tend to want them excluded from a expanded edition. Hopefully he got the reaction of his Hook meddling.

Matessino would surely combine shorter cues together into one track and Williams would approve it.  He seems to trust Matessino's methods.  Of course, since those aren't Spielberg-directed, there's no guarantee Mike would even be hired to work on them.  

Either way, we need WB to license them out!

1 hour ago, Brundlefly said:

I think you've answered your own question there. I reckon JW thought it didn't fit with the rest of the score, so left it off.

My list also has that latter cue, and Rescuing Sirius.

And in a random and non-JW addition: the eruption cue from Dante's Peak. It's the one cue not included in an otherwise near-perfect boot.

Non-Williams: The Scene when the mummy awakes in The Mummy and other cues from that movie, as well as a lot of russian stuff from Air Force One. (The best example of an album leaving completely out an important motif of a score -  worst album of all time!)

Not including cues where sessions have leaked

PoA:

That cue where we see the clock tower (Winter comes)

When Harry summons the Dementor out of the chest

Rescuing Sirius

ROTS;

Full Padme's visit

Yoda's Departure

aotC:

Original  Finale

Spacecamp :

Docking Fanfare

Dracula:

All cues with that missing "travel motif" (Foul Things of the Night,etc...)

Call of Duty Finest Hours End Credits

Well, it seems to be quite obvious that PoA is a favourite around here.

Any idea why WB hasn't licensed out the Potters? I mean, they've been very generous the last years - Rosewood, Empire of the Sun, A.I...

2 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Once, when I have got all definitive presentations of those three franchises' scores, I will be blessed with eternal patience for every expansion coming after that!:wub:

exactly

39 minutes ago, king mark said:

Call of Duty Finest Hours End Credits

Is that by Giacchino? And is it on YouTube as a rip?

4 hours ago, Josh500 said:

I desperately want that missing cue from PoA that goes between "Time to Forward Past" and "Saving Buckbeak."

Hermione throws two stones through the window, hitting Harry, and each throw is accompanied by an energetic burst of piccolos... Wow. 

Come to think of it, that whole sequence, from "Time to Forward Past" to the end of "Saving Buckbeak" is like the "Sarah's Rescue" from TLW. In each case, the middle section is/was missing.

"Deckard Enters Sebastian's Building" from Blade Runner

HEAT

-9m9 Neil Enters Waingro's Hotel

-10m4 Hanna Shoots Neil

-film version of God Moving Over The Face of the Waters

1 hour ago, Brundlefly said:

Well, it seems to be quite obvious that PoA is a favourite around here.

Any idea why WB hasn't licensed out the Potters? I mean, they've been very generous the last years - Rosewood, Empire of the Sun, A.I...

Usually these big huge corporations don't license out music to the small specialty labels, its because they think they're going to do something with the music themselves.... then usually they never end up doing anything.  All we can do is hope they enjoyed the checks that came their way for licensing out Rosewood, EOTS, and AI, and finally decide to give the little guys licence....

^This is posted in the John Williams section :P

Anyway, the top five unreleased cues that I'd love to have from JW's work are as follows:

-The Great Duel (The Phantom Menace)

-Finale (Attack Of The Clones) - as it was writen and not hacked up and without the insert.

-End Credits (Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom) - no full version of this cue has ever been released.

-The Quidditch Match (Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets)

-The original "Attack On The Jakku Village" (The Force Awakens)

TROLL IN THE BATHROOM! (or whatever it's called),

QUIDDITCH, YEAR TWO,

CLOSING THE SCHOOL (not sure what the proper title of this is, but its the piece where the doors come down),

The "swashbuckling" music heard at the cinema, in THE ACCIDENTAL TOURIST,

DRACULA ARRIVES (or whatever it's called),

THE 11th COMMANDMENT,

THE MAHARAJA ENTERS,

SLALOM ON MOUNT HUMOL (full version),

"CLUB OBI WAN" FIGHT (full version).

8 hours ago, Richard said:

CLOSING THE SCHOOL (not sure what the proper title of this is, but its the piece where the doors come down),

is that the PoA cue that's in the DVD menu clean?

1 hour ago, king mark said:

is that the PoA cue that's in the DVD menu clean?

It is, but I'd still want it on CD.

4 hours ago, Will said:

:lol:

Er...yes, it's TITD. Of course. Apologies for the confusion.

Another one: the music in Henry's study, that starts when Marcus looks at a picture on the wall. It seques directly into XMTS.

That piano music heard in Donovan's apartment. Is there any truth in the rumour that it's Vader's Theme, backwards?

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Another one: the music in Henry's study, that starts when Marcus looks at a picture on the wall. It seques directly into XMTS.

That cue ("Father's Study") is on the fifth disc of the Indiana Jones Soundtrack collection.

That piano music heard in Donovan's apartment. Is there any truth in the rumour that it's Vader's Theme, backwards?

No. It's a source music piece ("Just a Gigolo") not written by JW.

Sorry! I meant the music that starts with bells of some sort, when Indy says "whoever drinks the cup of Christ..." (or something like that).

BTW, who composed the "Hitler rally" music?

Oh, fuck it! Lets just have every bit of unreleased music from IJ+TLC, and call it one track? Sorted.

6 minutes ago, Richard said:

Sorry! I meant the music that starts with bells of some sort, when Indy says "whoever drinks the cup of Christ..." (or something like that).

BTW, who composed the "Hitler rally" music?

It's "Der Königgrätzer Marsch", written by Johann Gottfried Piefke. The version heard in the film was arranged by Sandy Courage and conducted by JW purposefully for the film.

2 hours ago, publicist said:

There's a long seduction scene in 'Dracula' in his castle that i quite would like to have. 

Do you mean "Wallcrawler I/Dracula & Mina"? That's my number 5!

9 minutes ago, Richard said:

That's "The Holy Grail". My number 3!