New Jerry Goldsmith Projects in 2017?

Brundlefly

This thread is supposed to gather information and hints of upcoming Jerry Goldsmith Titles in 2017. Unlike Williams predictable releases this year, I really don't know what to expect from the Goldsmith corner - do you?

There is no information available about what the labels are working on for Jerry's back catalog, so I don't really think there's anything to discuss here. 

This thread is going to just turn into people listing their personal Goldsmith wants. 

3 minutes ago, pete said:

I recall Lalaland announced at the beginning of last year that a Goldsmith was in the works.

And they went on to release Take A Hard Ride and Link that year, of course. 

10 minutes ago, Jay said:

Varese Sarabande has the rights to that in perpetuity, unfortunately. 

Pity!

We have been given loads of praise to Mike Matessino in recent months/years for his work on Williams releases. But Neil's 2 Goldsmith scores are just as well produced in my opinion!

I always knew he would do well.

8 minutes ago, Will said:

I thought he died in 2004?

;)

I know you are joking, but for those of us that grew up on his music, and have seen him in the flesh.

It still hurts Will!

Cancer sucks!

1 minute ago, Stefancos said:

We have been given loads of praise to Mike Matessino in recent months/years for his work on Williams releases. But Neil's 2 Goldsmith scores are just as well produced in my opinion!

I COMPLETELY agree!

7 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I know you are joking, but for those of us that grew up on his music, and have seen him in the flesh.

It still hurts Will!

Cancer sucks!

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make light of his death, but merely to note that when I read the thread title it sounded like new projects he would be taking on, which obviously can't happen. 

I'll delete it if anyone else thinks it's objectionable. 

16 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

No it's fine!

Censorship is an awful thing.

I balled my eyes out the day he died though, like you will one day when Williams goes.

Yeah. I've imagined it a few times. It will be tough. I will probably write up an obituary or something to give myself closure. 

Anyway, though, let's stop talking about such dark subjects! :P

I don't censor people and never have. Removing a post from my personal Facebook page because I don't find it relevant isnt the same as censorship.

And lets face it Jerry, most of what you post isn't very relevant...to anything 

2 hours ago, Stefancos said:

We might get something, we may not. Goldsmith was a prolific composer and his titles tend to be decent sellers. On that basis I would assume there will be at least one release this year, probably more.

It is Jerry Goldsmith, there will be at least 5 releases, which I'm sure of! But what?

I would say Air Force One has a good chance, since Varese released Chain Reaction and Executive Decision before which are also action movies of the mid-90s - similar pattern!

And there is not much to select for the other labels! I mean, which scores are left that are not owned in perpetuity by Varese and that are not already complete (from 1980 till now)?

- Caboblanco

- The Lonely Guy

- Supergirl

- Legend

- The Russia House

- Six Degrees of Separation

- Mulan

- The Mummy

- The Last Castle

Plus, I do not really believe anyone is quite interested in Caboblanco, The Lonely Guy, Six Degrees of Separation or The Last Castle, so it would be:

- Supergirl

- Legend

- The Russia House

- Mulan

- The Mummy

All of them would be highly welcome in my collection!

Well Iam hoping Varese will do the following titles:

-THE FINAL CONFLICT-Complete Edition

-LEVIATHAN

-AIR FORCE ONE

if these make it this year Iam done for my Goldsmith grails this year.

We could expect more reissues of albums now OOP on other labels such as THE SWARM ?

1 hour ago, Daniel Clamp said:

A new Final Conflict would be great although I'm happy with the DE for now.

There was this great choral cue that I sorely missed Its the one that takes place in the famous London park.

5 hours ago, azahid said:

Well Iam hoping Varese will do the following titles:

-THE FINAL CONFLICT-Complete Edition

-LEVIATHAN

-AIR FORCE ONE

if these make it this year Iam done for my Goldsmith grails this year.

Agree! Varese has got a lot of work to do. Besides I am hoping for:

- Lionheart

- Medicine Man

- Rudy

- Matinée

- Small Soldiers

- Hollow Man

It is probably the most widely distributed pressed boots/academy promo's. I am all for buying it when it comes out regularly but honestly, who doesn't own it can't be that interested in it.

On 24/01/2017 at 7:28 AM, Jay said:

And they went on to release Take A Hard Ride and Link that year, of course. 

Thanks! For some reason I was under the impression another was in the works, but yeah I can't quite remember how I came to that conclusion^

A re-issue of long OOP stuff would be great:

MacArthur

Twilight's Last Gleaming

Leviathan

I wouldn't mind a complete Air Force One (with McNeely material) and Mulan either.

Other than that, I think my Goldsmith collection is sorted (barring any rejected scores that may or may not have been recorded).

13 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

A re-issue of long OOP stuff would be great:

MacArthur

Twilight's Last Gleaming

Leviathan

I wouldn't mind a complete Air Force One (with McNeely material) and Mulan either.

I'd pick up any of these. I don't have the first two at all, and the others only on CDR. I'm still missing The Swarm, too.

23 hours ago, Richard said:

I am very much interested in it, but not for £130.

Here it is for EUR 24,90: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Jerry-Goldsmith-Mulan-Bonus-Soundtrack-Score-CD-/222387497979?hash=item33c753ebfb:g:8DwAAMXQDnpTazoN

This is a bootleg like all the other albums this seller offers! And I once bought one of them inadvertently and learned what is the quality difference between bootleg and official release. I would wait for the latter!