Dwarf theme in Shelob the Great?

Dr. Rick

Hey folks, didn't see this anywhere in the search tool, so apologies if this has been discussed already.  But as I was listening to Spotify today it played Shelob The Great, and time-stamp 4:17 - 4:24 it sounds just like the theme for the dwarfs in Hobbit AUJ in "Axe or Sword?", time-stamp 0:37 - 0:44.  I am in no way a music-reader but it's amazing how all these years later I'm still noticing new things with these soundtracks. 

Thoughts?

Chad

Isn't that Thorin's Theme in that part of Axe or Sword?

Anyways, obviously it would just be a coincidence if some notes in the Shelob scene from ROTK are the same as a theme from TH.

I agree that I do not think that they're related, just wondering if Shore went back and utilized that part of Shelob the Great and used it for Thorin's theme?

2 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

You guys doubt the genius of the Shore? It's all connected!

Shore had already written the Hobbit music in 2003. PJ just made movies to accompany it a few years later.

If Shore had that much say in them, we would've gotten better Hobbit films, or at least more faithful adaptations.

4 hours ago, SafeUnderHill said:

Shore likes to plant seeds.

He wrote cameos for Tauriel's theme and the Wooland Realm theme in Silence of the Lambs.

John Woo would approve of that theme.

And I think the whole sprawling 6 score series has shown that there are often similarities without there being a direct or intentional thematic connection between certain passages.

1 hour ago, Incanus said:

And I think the whole sprawling 6 score series has shown that there are often similarities without there being a direct or intentional thematic connection between certain passages.

I maintain that there is a connection between the Witch-King and Faramir/Denethor themes!

6 hours ago, SafeUnderHill said:

the Wooland Realm theme

1 hour ago, Incanus said:

Wooland Realm Elves and Spiders: What Do They Know?  Do They Know Things?  Let's Find Out!