John Williams returns to Chicago -- April 26-29, 2018 (*Full concert now available online*)

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some great pics from the CSO Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pg/chicagosymphony/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10155694201198049  

What a dream come true!     He was sensational tonight. Such energy and passion for each piece. Getting to watch his face as he conducted was something truly special. Just pure emotion

Just got back from the concert. Truly incredible. No time for full thoughts now but to expand on Damien's reference to a "strip tease" ():   This was indeed the funniest moment. Really great

This year for me has become the ultra year of Williams. The concerts I'm attending this year are as follows;

Jaws in Concert (done)

Williams Conducting in Chicago (done)

Williams Conducting in Baltimore

Williams Conducting in London

Jurassic Park in Concert

Raiders of the Lost Ark in Concert

Home Alone in Concert.

• 8 months later...

Thanks again. However, perhaps they recorded another evening as well, because the concert from CSO Radio includes Geisha encores performed by Yo-Yo Ma. I was pretty sleepy during the concert, but I feel like I would have remembered that! Have there been any reports on which evening(s) included those encores?

5 minutes ago, Smeltington said:

Thanks again. However, perhaps they recorded another evening as well, because the concert from CSO Radio includes Geisha encores performed by Yo-Yo Ma. I was pretty sleepy during the concert, but I feel like I would have remembered that! Have there been any reports on which evening(s) included those encores?

I am virtually certain that the Yo-Yo Ma pieces were from a prior year's concert (probably the CSO suite recording that's long been available on CD). Ma didn't appear at any of the 2018 concerts (certainly not the one I went to!) 

56 minutes ago, Smeltington said:

You a Chicago boy too!?