Guinan

8 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

No, but she is unconventionally wise! And one of the few who could get the moral upper hand on Picard.

So she's nothing like Tom Bombadil then. 

:lock2:

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

she is unconventionally wise.

47 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

But she is mysterious! It's never quite made clear who or what she is. Just a little hint of unexplainable mystery

2sYWdkH.jpg

Maybe make a thread about Morla too. 

8 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Do you think that if I moan enough about it, one will be created? I mean, most of the changes done to the forum generally were done because some random guy complained about something and pretended talking for the community as a whole!

I'll speak for the Common JWFANer, tired of this endless Star Trek stuff!

I don't see that ever happening because even Star Wars doesn't have a subforum. It's incredibly obvious that the only time the JWFan forums draw any significant amount of traffic is when a new Star Wars movie comes out. Otherwise, it's just us. So the fact that a Star Wars subforum doesn't exist is shocking, to say the least. Not that I'd really post there, but still.

The only reason Tolkien got a forum was because of the penchant of members here for creating excessive numbers of Lord of the Rings threads in the General Discussion.

9 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Do you think that if I moan enough about it, one will be created? I mean, most of the changes done to the forum generally were done because some random guy complained about something and pretended talking for the community as a whole!

I've never been called "random" before! 

Oh, it's not just you, mind you. ;)

And don't get me wrong: it has nothing to do with the complaint itself (yours was valid, and we all complain at some point anyway. Heck, I often do that, as you already know), but again, it has to do with a change being done just because one person complained. It's like what happened with the "What Is The Last Film You Watched Thread?": KM complained about how things were done, and suddenly, we ended up with two threads instead of one, a decision I personally still cannot understand (unlike having a Tolkien subforum: I understood why having many LOTR threads could bother people, and many people did complain about that (plus we even made a poll about it!), so that was fine with me). Ultimately, I don't care if the subforum is in General Discussion or elsewhere, it's not gonna affect my forum experience much. But, once more, why change stuff just for one person? Why not ask other persons if they agree something should be done about that?

Anyway, let's go back to talking about this Guinan dude, whoever he is...

Unread content is an inherent feature of the forum, a way to uniquely categorize content based on what you've read and what you have not. It cares not for how closely related the threads actually are. 

On 2/4/2017 at 2:24 PM, petaQ said:

There are are no subforums. There are only Unread New Content, and everything else. 

Yes!

20 hours ago, Quintus said:

Did they ever explain why she wears a silly hat?

Because it's like being inside joy. As if joy was something tangible and you could wrap yourself up in it like a hat.

27 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Racist!

Obviously you didn't understand my meaning or maliciously misinterpreted it. Both are founts of wisdom and knowledge although old Tom is a bit more poetic and bursts into song and dance more often.