need JW music for final examination certificate

load3

I'm going make my final examintion(s) during May (here it is called "Abitur").

I just got to know that we could choose a short piece of music ( between 25 and 30 sec.) that will be played while we get our certificates(end of June).

Because I' m the biggest Williams fan my school has ever seen :) I would like to choose something from JW. (also as a kind of "tribute" )

The problem is: I have found LOTS of pieces that might fit well (espacially fanfares) but I can't make up my mind which one to choose.

I thought about something like the last 30 sec. of "Escape/Chase... "from E.T. (the "grande finale" of the film) or the last 30 sec. of "The Rebel Fleet/End Title" from the Empire Strikes Back SE.

If somebody has an idea what (extract of a ) piece I should take I would be very glad to know about it!

THIS IS QUIET URGENT! because I have to give the music to the organizers next monday.

Please help me :roll:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe the beginning of the olympic fanfare and theme (the original, not the buglar's dream version) or the beginning of summon the heroes ,liberty fanfare, olypic spirit or something like that :)

Load3. I'd break with tradition and suggest you go romantic instead.

Afterall, you can blast people's ears, or you can touch their hearts on this occsaion.

If i was you, i'd not make myself out to be some super hero or something because i think you'd actually feel quite embarassed on the night when it is come to being played. I would suggest you go for something quite romantic and sentimental like the following :

Regaining a son (7 years in Tibet) : 00:38 - 01:03 (fading out at the end of course).

I'm sure it would bring tears to the eyes of those who are "So proud of my son" :)

And best of all for emotional effect, then choose THIS THIS THIS :

Roy's Goodbye (Close Encounters) - Track 26 : 4:17-4:50 (33 secs)

It's the scene where Roy turns to look before leaving in CEO3K.

It's one of my favourite JW pieces. So stirring and romantic. :)

It naturally ends at 4:50 anyway. So there is no abrupt cut off.

The location i gave, is its location on the Collectors Edition btw.

The other grande finale Close Encounrers option could be this :

The Mountain (Close Encounters) - Track 14 : 00:22- 00:55 (33 secs)

It's the scene where Roy and Gillian walk up the mudbank and Devil's Mountain is revealed.

Though I still think Sleepers is the best choice, i'll write more:

-A.I., The Mecha World, 3'07''-3'33''

-The Lost World, Ludlow's Demise, 3'28''-3'54''

-Born on the Fourth of July, Homecoming

-JFK, Finale, 17''-43''; or The Motorcade,2'48''-3'15''

Thank you very much for the fast replies and for taking the time!!!

I got some new (good) ideas!

@scissorhead: I'm sorry but I don' t have sleepers. JFK Finale sounds quiet good.

by Melange: Load3. I'd break with tradition and suggest you go romantic instead.  

Afterall, you can blast people's ears, or you can touch their hearts on this occsaion.  

If i was you, i'd not make myself out to be some super hero or something because i think you'd actually feel quite embarassed on the night when it is come to being played. I would suggest you go for something quite romantic and sentimental like the following :

@melange: Really nice ideas but I only have the OST of Close Encounters

(and I haven't seen the film yet (shame on me :oops: ).

Regaining as son is not one of my favourite cues. I am sure something from "E. T." might be better.

@the lord is judge: hm... I have nearly every official edition of Star Wars (except for the 4 CD Box) and I am not sure what you mean...

"Throne Room" rendition at the end of the ROTJ credits?

Where exactly?

Hi Load3. The locations for those cues on the CEO3K original soundtrack :

Roy's goodbye is within Track 9 : 4:17-4:47 (30 secs)

Mountain Revelation is within Track 4 : 00:22-00:55 (33 secs)

Hi Load3. The locations for those cues on the CEO3K original soundtrack :

Roy's goodbye is within Track 9 :  4:17-4:47 (30 secs)

Mountain Revelation is within  Track 4  :  00:22-00:55 (33 secs)

uhm.... :cry:

I don't have this tracks on my CD. It has 10 Tracks and the label is "Alhambra" (or something like this). The tracklist and the cover is the same like the Varese OMPS ( see http://www.shef.ac.uk/~cm1jwb/closecd.htm ) but it seems I might have a european release.

So again: What tracks?

Is this your one? :)

http://www.classicalrecordings.com/johnwil...k-oldarista.htm

If so, then the cues i selected should be within these tracks.

The timings should be the same as the ones i put above.

4 : I cant believe it's real

9: The appearance of the visitors.

There's the brassy segment at the end of "The Raider's March"(not the solo flute,just before that),i always thought it sort of sounds good self contained.

K.M.

Here is my final choice:

Track 1: Escape/Chase/Saying Goodbye from the 20th Anniversary Edition of E. T. (the last 30 sec. of this track).

This will hopefully be played while I get my certification. As alternatives tracks I selected:

Track 2: Rebel Fleet and End Title from Star Wars ESB Special Edition(also the last 30 sec.).

Track 3: Prologue and Main Titel from Superman (Varese 2CD Edition) Time: 1:37 - 2:07.

Track 4: Olympic Fanfare and Theme (The Very BEst of John Williams CD Phillips) Time: 0:00 - 0:31

Track 5: Prologue and Main Titel from Superman (Varese 2CD Edition) Time: 5:02 - 5:29.

Thanks for your help and your ideas.

BTW: The Raiders march and Ludlows Demise were in my "Top 10" List.