Happy 85th, Maestro!

publicist

Happy Birthday Maestro! You continue to be an inspiration to us all!

:ola:

3 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Why did I miss that hour on Classic FM? Damn work experience appointment... Happy birthday, Maestro! I was somehow convinced his birthday was in May...

Off the top of my head, you missed JURASSIC PARK, REY'S THEME, THE RAIDERS' MARCH, SUMMON THE HEROES, ACCROSS THE STARS, and FLIGHT TO NEVERLAND. There's two more hours of JW music, tonight, on Classic FM, the Radio 2 show, on Friday, of course, and I'd expect Andrew Collins to mark his birthday, on Saturday (Radio 3 has a programme on William Alwyn).

3 minutes ago, Bespin said:

A New playlist I just made for the occasion. Maybe a good startpoint for a newbie!

John Williams 85th: All the best!

What? No IN SEARCH OF UNICORNS? No  BLOOD MOON? No TRAINING MONTAGE? Bes, you're slipping! :lol:

4 minutes ago, Richard said:

What? No IN SEARCH OF UNICORNS? No  BLOOD MOON? No TRAINING MONTAGE? Bes, you're slipping! :lol:

I've posted this playlist on the Steve Hoffman forum, hope it will act like a trap.... to get new friends.  Not that I'm tired of the old ones I made here... ;)

Happy 85th birthday to the Maestro! :happybday:

Continuing an annual tradition -- Happy Birthday, Alan (Hlao-roo). :happybday: 

Happy 85th birthday to the maestro! There are few who inspire as he does! To many more years of that to come! :beerchug: 

My heartfelt wish of a joyous day to the maestro, a man whose nature and dedication to his art is a true inspiration, along with the countless hours of music, which have provided even more hours of joy to so many of us.

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Happy birthday, JTW. Your music makes me thank God for my sense of hearing.

And yet, listening to his music too loudly on headphones will result in my probable eventual loss of hearing.  The irony.

There are two 85 year old men who have made a profound impact on my life. One is my grandfather, the other is Mr. Williams.

Both are in fabulous company.

Happy birthday, Maestro! Here's to another 85! :drunk::drunk:

32 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

I mean, I don't wanna sound pessimistic. But not likely 

Yeah, let's get real, he probably has at least a century left. 

56 minutes ago, mrbellamy said:

Here's to another 85! 

LOL I literally came onto this board this afternoon to post the exact same comment, with the exact same wording!! :eek2:

(as a revision of my earlier comment "Here's to the next few years," which in hindsight was not quite optimistic enough ;))

Guess I can't now! :P

Wow, two songs into the amazing Boston Pops stream, and I just heard "Pops on the March" for the first time ever!  I thought I was past discovering completely new Williams pieces, especially a rollicking one like that.  What a great JW Day present from the Maestro! :D Newbies, if you haven't heard this one, check it out.  The stream narrator(!) says he composed it as a posthumous memorial for Arthur Fiedler, after declining Fiedler's request for an honorary composition before he died (due to film obligations).  Can't believe I wasn't aware of this piece!

7 hours ago, Thor said:

Jim Titus just posted this on Facebook. It's busy, yes, but I love it!

16603159_10155101433936055_4994476483230

What?! No PETE 'N' TILLE? No HEARTBEEPS? No JOHN GOLDFARB? No BOOK THIEF? Piffle!!!

18 hours ago, FC4L said:

Wish the author would do another and include as much of his other works as possible, but this is still a very go-to video for me.

AMISTAD, SCHINDLER'S LIST, EMPIRE OF THE SUN, CATCH ME IF YOU CAN, SAVING PRIVATE RYAN, THE TERMINAL, and ALWAYS were not shot in 2.35:1. I gave up, after that. 

11 minutes ago, Richard said:

AMISTAD, SCHINDLER'S LIST, EMPIRE OF THE SUN, CATCH ME IF YOU CAN, SAVING PRIVATE RYAN, THE TERMINAL, and ALWAYS were not shot in 2.35:1. I gave up, after that. 

And we care because.....?

Post your own John Williams tribute video with various shifting aspect ratios so we can all complain about it next time. :)