Television scores - worth the investment?

Is television scores really worth the investment?  I mean, the only really good music in classic TV was the theme songs.  And in today's prime-time television scene, is scoring a TV show really worth investment?  Sometimes is awfully cheesy while other times, it helps.  But it's too little and far between of the later.  What do you guys think?  

Also, Do you think JW would score a good adventurous/sci-fi television show on prime time?

tv.png

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great music is written all the time for films, television, video games, what have you.  The medium doesn't really matter.  Don't think of it as a "film score" or a "TV score"; It's just a score.

I think John Williams would not handle the current methodology of scoring television productions very much at all, no, nor could any show afford him.  He likes writing scores for his friends (Spielberg, Kathleen) and for films inspired by books he likes, and that's about it these days.

38 minutes ago, Rose Dawson said:

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

As well as the recent Voyager set.

Also if you like TNG you might like the Ron Jones set.  A lot of good material there and worth it in my opinion.