The Matrix Resurrections (Fourth Matrix film)

Giftheck

5 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Really? I think it looks completely fine. 🤷‍♂️

There are much worse shots elsewhere in the film. 

I'm not talking about the composition of the shot, but the quality of the CGI. But it's probably more visible on the big screen.

Just now, Alexcremers said:

The effects of the first Matrix one have something timeless, just like the effects of the first JP.

Yes, though The Lost World has even better effects that are absolutely flawless.

Just now, Jurassic Shark said:

I'm not talking about the composition of the shot, but the quality of the CGI. But it's probably more visible on the big screen.

Oh I know what you meant. I’m just saying nothing is as bad as this scene in terms of CGI. I would have never have thought of that brief moment of the agent jumping on the car. 

54 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Oh I know what you meant. I’m just saying nothing is as bad as this scene in terms of CGI. I would have never have thought of that brief moment of the agent jumping on the car. 

Yeah, that's the other really bad CGI scene I remember. But for some reason I found the jumping agent to be more revealing. Perhaps because it was earlier in the film (I can't remember if it was), or because the scene was more lit up.

For 2003 film, I think the effects are fine. Maybe with the exception of that Smiths scene, which I imagine must have still looked half-decent at the time. At least it's framed well.

But I don't think any of the films have aged remarkably well.

Fair enough. I have trouble gaging what was bad CGI for the early 2000s, considering everything looked great for me then.

14 hours ago, KK said:

But I don't think any of the films have aged remarkably well.

The Matrix universe has its own distinctive look and feel. You just have to accept the green tint of the Matrix scenes and the leather outfits (which long leather coats reminded me of another sci-fi cyberpunk flick called Blade Runner, but hey!)

One of the recurrent criticisms of the Matrix's original Blu-ray (and, before it, the DVD) was the pervasiveness and intensity of the green tint cast over the "data" world. The 4K disc effectively addresses such complaints by fine-tuning the green cast and limiting its reach. 

Seems they removed some of the green tint and gave it to Blade Runner.

bladerunner1.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 8/23/2019 at 3:23 AM, Chen G. said:

John Toll is only one of the absolute best cinematographers in the industry. Legends of the FallBraveheart and The Last Samurai all look great, the Thin Red Line looks magnificent, and even the Wachowski's previous stinker, Jupiter Ascending, at least looked great.

Admittedly, Iron-Man 3 isn't anything too special, but that's a Marvel film: they all look the same.

I'm curious whether Toll will go back to 35mm with Matrix 4. Probably not.

• 1 month later...

The movie will be released on theaters on May 21st, 2021.

https://heroichollywood.com/keanu-reeves-the-matrix-4-release-date/

This date is:

A- the same day on which another fourth part of a Keanu Reeves action franchise (John Wick: Chapter 4) is scheduled to be released; and

B- 18 years later the premiere of The Matrix Reloaded; and

C- the day of my 28th birthday.

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, toothless said:

So this is basically saying Lambert Wilson will be reprising The Merovingian in the film, scheduling permitting.

1 minute ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Tolkien got too self-critical.

He's got his children earning millions from his Silmarillions.

The greatest piece of Davis scoring was replaced by something called Rob Dougan in the final film:

It's almost ironic that this scene reveals all of the times Davis composed for Kamen, Horner etc and did not receive a credit.....A Stormy Ride to the Library, Robin Hood final duel......