The Matrix Resurrections (Fourth Matrix film)

Giftheck

The deux ex machina resurrection of dead characters in movies is annoying.

The truth is they can't make this shit interesting without them. 

The implication of the original trilogy was that there have been many chosen ones before Neo. But I'm pretty sure they don't all look like Keanu f'n Reeves. 

1 hour ago, gkgyver said:

The deux ex machina resurrection of dead characters in movies is annoying.

The truth is they can't make this shit interesting without them. 

The implication of the original trilogy was that there have been many chosen ones before Neo. But I'm pretty sure they don't all look like Keanu f'n Reeves. 

They're growing people in vats. Who knows? They could.

3 hours ago, Þekþiþm said:

He probably won't even be considered.

A while ago, I would have disagreed, but since Hugo Weaving was dropped like nothing, I could see this being the case and them going for a 'safe' option, like Giacchino.

EDIT: I know some people are saying 'what if they ignore the MMORPG' but I'm starting to think it's still considered canon. It wouldn't be the first time this franchise tells a story in something other than film (Enter the Matrix) and it would explain why Morpheus is not present: he disappeared in the MMORPG while trying to find Neo, "never to be seen again".

15 hours ago, Giftheck said:

A while ago, I would have disagreed, but since Hugo Weaving was dropped like nothing, I could see this being the case and them going for a 'safe' option, like Giacchino.

EDIT: I know some people are saying 'what if they ignore the MMORPG' but I'm starting to think it's still considered canon. It wouldn't be the first time this franchise tells a story in something other than film (Enter the Matrix) and it would explain why Morpheus is not present: he disappeared in the MMORPG while trying to find Neo, "never to be seen again".

I can see Hugo Weaving being dropped. He was pretty much destroyed for good in Revolutions. I hope Morpheus does come back though.

Looking at the cast listing, I'm wondering if Pruyana Chopra is playing a grown-up version of Sati from Revolutions. Yahya Abdul-Mateen II is rumoured to play a young Morpheus, which makes little sense if Neo and Trinity are older than their previous appearance - why not get Laurence Fishburne back? Unless this is some sort of flashback sequence.

52 minutes ago, Trent B said:

I can see Hugo Weaving being dropped. He was pretty much destroyed for good in Revolutions. I hope Morpheus does come back though.

That means pretty much nothing, since Neo and Trinity are both emphatically dead at the end of Revolutions, yet here they are.

Star Wars, then Aliens, then the Matrix. Are we stuck in a simulation??? :D

5 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

What's John Wick doing in the film?

Weaponized Intertextuality :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

They digitally removed Henry Cavill's moustache in Justice League so I guess Keanu's beard won't be a problem either. 

Perhaps they won't shave Keanu Reeves mustache. Especially if he has been inside the Matrix the entire time since Matrix Revolutions. I guess we'll wait and see.

56 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Neo never had facial hair in the originals, leading me to believe that canonically, he can not grow facial hair.

Cannon can be thrown out the window after so many years between films especially if they're sequels. As we've seen with Star Trek Picard.

Maybe this isn't THE Neo we all know and love, but another Chosen One? On Realoaded, the Architect said there had been about 6 of them. So maybe they needed another Chosen One to reboot the Matrix again, years after Neo removing Smith of the platform?

Why would they recreate Trinity also? Wouldn't it benefit them more to have a One who feels the 'general' attachment described in Reloaded?

3 hours ago, Giftheck said:

Why would they recreate Trinity also? Wouldn't it benefit them more to have a One who feels the 'general' attachment described in Reloaded?

Neo could have done that or because of the love connection that the Architect mentioned and he probably re-created Trinity.

3 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Maybe this isn't THE Neo we all know and love, but another Chosen One? On Realoaded, the Architect said there had been about 6 of them. So maybe they needed another Chosen One to reboot the Matrix again, years after Neo removing Smith of the platform?

I REALLY like this theory and it seems very plausible.  By the way it's Reloaded not Realoaded. :)

1 minute ago, Trent B said:

By the way it's Reloaded not Realoaded.

Thanks. I really shouldn't have write this wrong, in Portuguese the movie's also called Matrix Reloaded (but no "The"), instead of a translated name (which would be "Matrix: Recarregado" or something). ;)

5 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Thanks. I really shouldn't have write this wrong, in Portuguese the movie's also called Matrix Reloaded (but no "The"), instead of a translated name (which would be "Matrix: Recarregado" or something). ;)

Ah ok.

I haven't been this mad since Ruin Johnson destroyed the character of Luke Skywalker in The Last Jedi.  Luke is a BEARDLESS CHARACTER.  I don't think Ruin understood what Star Wars is all about.

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

I don't think Ruin understood what Star Wars is all about.

Cinephiles, film historians and movie snobs drinking lattes in coffee shops call The Last Jedi a 'deconstruction of Star Wars'.

2 hours ago, mstrox said:

I think you guys are putting way too much thought into whether Keanu has facial hair.

It is there only because of contractual obligations. They will remove it in post... because that worked out so well last time. ;)

Karol

55 minutes ago, mstrox said:

What does the beard represent?

Facial hairs.

57 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Cinephiles, film historians and movie snobs drinking lattes in coffee shops call The Last Jedi a 'deconstruction of Star Wars'.

People like @Thor, you mean?

On 2/21/2020 at 5:34 PM, gkgyver said:

Should have a story that the original Matrix was wrong, and that Trinity was the Chosen One all along. Pwogwewwive. 

Funny you should mention that, as it's basically what the MMORPG did - she was the one whose actions hit the final 'reboot' button on the Matrix.

(Insert convoluted plot about The Oracle creating the Biological Interface Program, an effort to turn human DNA into machine code, and both Neo and Trinity being results of that)

On 1/14/2020 at 6:11 AM, toothless said:

On 1/14/2020 at 6:30 AM, Giftheck said:

So this is basically saying Lambert Wilson will be reprising The Merovingian in the film, scheduling permitting.

• 3 weeks later...