The Matrix Resurrections (Fourth Matrix film)

Giftheck

I suspect it will be pushed to later in 2021 regardless, given how many movies have already been pushed from the end of this year to the middle of 2021.

8 hours ago, Giftheck said:

I suspect it will be pushed to later in 2021 regardless, given how many movies have already been pushed from the end of this year to the middle of 2021.

I think some studios are just going to spend more to get their summer 2021 titles done in time (some which were bumped from this year). I can see Universal pouring more money into Jurassic World Dominion to keep its June 2021 date. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Spoiler alert!

Is it a spoiler if it happened in the Online game years ago? 🤔

The Wachowskis loved their interconnected continuity during the original films' run, and I think bumping off Morpheus in the online game was their idea (not 100% sure though). So it could be an indicator that, for those who want to dig deeper into the lore, the Online game is still canon.

• 1 month later...

Huh. Upgrades (again)

https://deadline.com/2020/09/the-matrix-4-daniel-bernhardt-warner-bros-sequel-1234587501/

So it seems the Agents in The Matrix 4 will be Johnson, Jackson and Thompson, last seen in Reloaded. Could have done new Agents. Or, could have explored what happened to Jones and Brown once Smith was out of the picture. Eh, they'll just be generic easy fights for Neo, I'm sure.

16 hours ago, gkgyver said:

Johnson, Jackson, and Thompson? Who the HELL is that? 

These generic dudes that Neo kicked the shit out of at the beginning of Reloaded

Spoiler

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/2vm2QcWVEqU/maxresdefault.jpg

• 1 month later...

The Wachowskis never hired Don Davis after The Matrix Revolutions, so my assumption is that he won’t be invited back for this.

They brought Giacchino back after Speed Racer, so I’d say it’s a safe bet that he’ll be asked again.

Or maybe it’ll just be Tykwer, Klimek, and Heil. 

13 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

The Wachowskis never hired Don Davis after The Matrix Revolutions, so my assumption is that he won’t be invited back for this.

I'm very much hoping you're wrong and that the Wachowskis will realize Don Davis is essential to the sound of the universe, just like Peter Jackson realized Howard Shore was integral to Middle Earth and brought him back for the Hobbit films.

Yavar

As much as I would LOVE for Don Davis to return, I know he has been retired from film score composing for some time (concert/operatic works only, unless I am wrong). However, if Giacchino does it instead I would still be excited. Speed Racer and Jupiter Ascending (all opinions of the films aside) are some of Giacchino's most energetic and interesting scores, especially Jupiter Ascending. Hell, the fact on that film that they had him compose suites just based off of the script was such a cool way to do it that it is clear they take music in their films seriously no matter who the composer is. Hell, Tom Tykwer, Johnny Klimek & Reinhold Heil's score to their Cloud Atlas film is also one of my favorite scores... so honestly, it almost doesn't matter who they choose. I am sure it'll be something awesome.

12 minutes ago, scallenger said:

As much as I would LOVE for Don Davis to return, I know he has been retired from film score composing for some time (concert/operatic works only, unless I am wrong)

https://milanrecords.com/release/tokyo-ghoul-original-music-don-davis/

3 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Yeah, meanwhile, a lot of mediocre composers get tons of work.

I call it "smooth talking, bad scoring".

15 hours ago, scallenger said:

However, if Giacchino does it instead I would still be excited. Speed Racer and Jupiter Ascending (all opinions of the films aside) are some of Giacchino's most energetic and interesting scores, especially Jupiter Ascending. Hell, the fact on that film that they had him compose suites just based off of the script was such a cool way to do it that it is clear they take music in their films seriously no matter who the composer is.

It's true but somehow, Gia style does not blend with matrix IMHO.