The Matrix Resurrections (Fourth Matrix film)

Giftheck

The atmosphere grabbed me completely. The movie managed to create that 70s horror movie atmosphere like the old Cronenberg movies, but not in a cheap way, even much more stylish. I liked that a lot.

And a million times better than "Species" which for my taste was an awful movie (apart from the brillant soundtrack).

49 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

The atmosphere grabbed me completely. The movie managed to create that 70s horror movie atmosphere like the old Cronenberg movies, but not in a cheap way, even much more stylish. I liked that a lot.

I remember not being grabbed despite the fact that I fully expected to love this film. You mention Cronenberg and maybe that explains it. I was never really into his movies. Like eXistenz, everyone and their mother loved it, but I couldn't get into it. 

9 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

It had some truly arresting sequences, visually, but yeah that's all it had

It's a lot, lot more than that, Stu. @Thor's right; it's a deeply affecting film, and a very human film. It's also one of my favourites of that year.

9 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

It's probably the best screen version of The Emperor's New Clothes.

No, that's any Nolan film.

It's a fact that I'm losing short-term memory. That's not alcohol, maybe meds, or that's an early alzheimer, sorry for that, honestly. :blush:

1 hour ago, Smeltington said:

I hope John Williams is still somewhere in your memory.

Yes, that's the fact which confort me, losing memory will never affect my reaction to music. Music heals me, I will always love it.

2 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

They should hire Armie Hammer for a role. 

On 2/25/2021 at 8:36 AM, Jim Ware said:

Armie Hammer collaboration on the way? :stir:

13 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Like any film with Scarlett Johansson almost naked.

Contrary to popular belief, I take no pleasure in seeing Ms. Johansson in any state of undress.

12 hours ago, Bespin said:

It's a fact that I'm losing short-term memory. That's not alcohol, maybe meds, or that's an early alzheimer, sorry for that, honestly. :blush:

Bes, it could be Wernicke's, which is a form of early-onset Alzheimer's. Fortunately, it is reversible.

1 minute ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Wernicke's

What's the alcohol percentage of that?

2 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Contrary to popular belief, I take no pleasure in seeing Ms. Johansson in any state of undress.

I doubt you managed to keep a straight face while while writing that.

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I doubt you managed to keep a straight face while while writing that.

Actually, I looked in the mirror, while I was typing that. My face was as straight as a plum-line. I have no interest in her body.

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

What's the alcohol percentage of that?

There's no alcohol content; it's a disease.

44 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

Actually, I looked in the mirror, while I was typing that. My face was as straight as a plum-line. I have no interest in her body.

Ah, you're more into her mind.

45 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

There's no alcohol content; it's a disease.

Some call alcohol a disease.

59 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Hey I've stopped alcohol 24 days in a row, show me a little respect. 

And then had to go back on the drink because you were losing your mind 

Just now, Bilbo said:

And then had to go back on the drink because you were losing your mind 

Well, don't trust everything you read on internet!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, toothless said:

Cloud Atlas is easily in my top 5 of all movie I’ve seen. 
🤩

Feels like a lifetime ago since I’ve seen Cloud Atlas.

I've never seen it

But I always found it odd that the Wachowskis made not one, not two, but three movies that feature the liquification of humans for others to consume (Matrix, Cloud Atlas, and Jupiter Ascending).  What is it about this theme that interests them so?

27 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Translation?

A few key points:

Spoiler

• The 20 years between the movies Matrix 3 and 4 will be the same IN the story itself

• Wilson found new french insults to deliver. He says no one on the set even know what he said and they will be surprised and horified once the crew translate it

• His character along other have aged and have taken some hits along the road

• He said working with Lana, Keanu and Carrie-Anne was great and it was a blast to be back on set with them all

8 hours ago, Jay said:

I've never seen it

But I always found it odd that the Wachowskis made not one, not two, but three movies that feature the liquification of humans for others to consume (Matrix, Cloud Atlas, and Jupiter Ascending).  What is it about this theme that interests them so?

Cloud Atlas is impressive just for the sheer scope and ambition of it all. I really enjoyed it when I saw it, but not sure how it would up over repeat viewings. It could kinda be described as a beautiful mess.

The extended trailer is one of my favorite trailers ever, though. I still watch this from time to time; the editing is superb. 

49 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

Cloud Atlas is impressive just for the sheer scope and ambition of it all. I really enjoyed it when I saw it, but not sure how it would up over repeat viewings. It could kinda be described as a beautiful mess.

It's hard for me to give it any kind of semi-objective assessment, but I find Cloud Atlas utterly fascinating, and repeated viewing just emphasise that feeling. Whatever else you may think of it, there's something excessively, yet smoothly, cinematic about the whole thing, including the score.

• 2 months later...