The Matrix Resurrections (Fourth Matrix film)

Giftheck

2 hours ago, toothless said:

On this I can agree. But that’s just because Keanu must have some sort of contractual obligation to keep long hair while the JW saga is ongoing. Agreed it does not look like neo. 

Obviously not that contractual, he shaved it all off towards the end of production for Resurrections.

(Alternate article with picture)

9 hours ago, DarthDementous said:

To be fair there is precedent for this, namely in the Architect’s TV room in Reloaded.

Hmm... not sure on that one, those TVs just showed variations of Neo's possible reactions as opposed to replaying events.

• 2 weeks later...

As someone who has defended the Matrix sequels and critiqued aspects of the original (eh, someone has to do it), I don't see a clear satisfying way for this to go? The options are a) weird and out of the left field (like the madoka magica movie) or b) the force awakens. And it looks like b)

On 10/09/2021 at 6:47 AM, Mephariel said:

I hope not. I mean I am fine if they did, but what is the point of getting new composers if they have to reused the other composer's themes? I get it if it is like Bond or Star Wars, but Matrix's theme is nowhere near that iconic. 

It's not "the theme", it's that the whole thing is one of the best most glorious things in movie scores in twenty years.

On 10/09/2021 at 7:42 AM, AC1 said:

It doesn't look special or distinctive. You could always recognize a Matrix movie because of the way it looks. If somebody told me this is the latest James Cameron or Tony Scott* movie, I would believe it.

I believe they've changed the way the Matrix looks on purpose.

• 3 weeks later...

Official synopsis for the movie:

"In a world of two realities—everyday life and what lies behind it—Thomas Anderson will have to choose to follow the white rabbit once more. Choice, while an illusion, is still the only way in or out of the Matrix, which is stronger, more secure and more dangerous than ever before."

https://www.cbr.com/matrix-resurrections-synopsis/

• 1 month later...