The Matrix Resurrections (Fourth Matrix film)

Giftheck

2 hours ago, toothless said:

On this I can agree. But that’s just because Keanu must have some sort of contractual obligation to keep long hair while the JW saga is ongoing. Agreed it does not look like neo. 

Obviously not that contractual, he shaved it all off towards the end of production for Resurrections.

(Alternate article with picture)

9 hours ago, DarthDementous said:

To be fair there is precedent for this, namely in the Architect’s TV room in Reloaded.

Hmm... not sure on that one, those TVs just showed variations of Neo's possible reactions as opposed to replaying events.

• 2 weeks later...

As someone who has defended the Matrix sequels and critiqued aspects of the original (eh, someone has to do it), I don't see a clear satisfying way for this to go? The options are a) weird and out of the left field (like the madoka magica movie) or b) the force awakens. And it looks like b)

On 10/09/2021 at 6:47 AM, Mephariel said:

I hope not. I mean I am fine if they did, but what is the point of getting new composers if they have to reused the other composer's themes? I get it if it is like Bond or Star Wars, but Matrix's theme is nowhere near that iconic. 

It's not "the theme", it's that the whole thing is one of the best most glorious things in movie scores in twenty years.

On 10/09/2021 at 7:42 AM, AC1 said:

It doesn't look special or distinctive. You could always recognize a Matrix movie because of the way it looks. If somebody told me this is the latest James Cameron or Tony Scott* movie, I would believe it.

I believe they've changed the way the Matrix looks on purpose.

• 3 weeks later...

Official synopsis for the movie:

"In a world of two realities—everyday life and what lies behind it—Thomas Anderson will have to choose to follow the white rabbit once more. Choice, while an illusion, is still the only way in or out of the Matrix, which is stronger, more secure and more dangerous than ever before."

https://www.cbr.com/matrix-resurrections-synopsis/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Contractual obligation, perhaps, since they were supposed to go into production at similar times IIRC. He did shave his hair and beard off, though, for scenes in the Real World. He's since grown them back.

It does seem to be his look these days though. Even in Cyberpunk 2077, his character model retains the long hair and beard.

The way it was edited was definitely not conventional. TBH, that's actually made me even more curious about the film than I already am.

16 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

It either was, or it wasn't, Alex :lol:

It was an add on youtube. I know the world is supposed to look ordinary because Neo doesn't know he's in the Matrix, but you know me, I don't like ordinary. It looked like just a bland Netflix movie. Nothing that I saw predicts anything good. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see how that is possible (or the trailers are really bad).

7 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

I'm jacked, for this film. I'm jacked to the tits!!!

obiwan.png

"You are not jacked for this fim." 

The new Matrix movie comes at a bad time for me, after a year where so many people bombarded me with their theories that there is something wrong with the world and they (whoever) just want to control us. And the comes another movie, fulfilling conspiration theorists' wildest nightmares.

On 02/12/2021 at 11:26 AM, toothless said:

"Why use old code to make something new?"

Someone should ask Microsoft the same question!

22 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Why Keanu didn't shave his hair for this movie? He should've been with short hair and no beard, like Neo in the first three movies.

Why?

It's weird neither Laurence Fishburne or Hugo Weaving weren't brought/asked back. Then they brought in younger actor to either portray their character or one based on it.

But they have aged up Jada Pinket-Smith. And I love both Yayha Abdul-Mateen II & Jonathan Groff. But it's bit weird that Smith was aged up.

1 hour ago, JNHFan2000 said:

It's weird neither Laurence Fishburne or Hugo Weaving weren't brought/asked back. Then they brought in younger actor to either portray their character or one based on it.

Weaving was asked, initially, but scheduling conflicts caused Lana to reconsider. Ironic, since he went ahead with the stage show even though filming for The Matrix Resurrections was put on hold due to COVID. He was finished with the stage show before filming resumed so scheduling conflicts were no longer an issue.

As for Fishburne, given the time jump, it's speculated that his version of Morpheus is long-dead, since he was killed in the MMO game (which at the time was billed as the official continuation)

Just watched the new trailer.  Meh.  The first trailer was cool, made me think they have some cool new ideas.  This trailer just makes it look the same ole, same ole

A new clip was shown during the Game Awards last night:

Another clip which provides some context (the mentioned 'first contact' in which Thomas freaks out at Morpheus for offering him the Red Pill) was shown on a talk show.

WB released a labelled press kit confirming the following characters:

Spoiler

Jonathan Groff - Smith (replacing Hugo Weaving)

Neil Patrick-Harris - The Analyst

Toby Onwumere - Sequoia

Max Riemelt - Sheperd

Priyanka Chopra Jonas - Sati

Brian J. Smith - Berg

Erendira Ibarra - Lexy

SOURCE

On 07/12/2021 at 5:02 PM, AC1 said:

FF8JWWWVcAIWExC-1.jpg

I just now realized that the release date is a bunch of 1s and 2s -- binary language, and fitting for a matrix. Probably been mentioned in the thread before, I don't know.

Will be seeing it this Tuesday, in IMAX, and looking forward to it (although I've found the soundtrack rather 'meh').