Sony's Marvel Universe (Venom, Morbius, etc)

Giftheck

Oh God, Nemesis dune buggy chases, terrible CGI, the entire plot in the trailer, nonsensical cliché-driven drivel - this film looks like utter poo poo.

How does this character justify a standalone film?

I'm not sure if he's totally wasted in this film, or not, but I'm an absolute sucker for Tom Hardy (if he's not the next Bond, then there's no justice in the world!), so I'll probably watch this.

A film doesn't have to be brilliant , to be worth seeing.

• 3 months later...

New trailer, villain is Riot.

It's much more on point than I thought it would be. This is very much the Lethal Protector version of Venom.

• 1 month later...

Sony gutting this movie to score a PG-13 rating is the most blatant money-grabbing move of the year by any studio. I hope the film is a spectacular flop as a result, and Sony (the worst movie studio by far) lose millions. Jerks.

Got my ticket for Thursday. The UK rating for the film is 15 - same rating that Logan and Deadpool got here. Given all the talk I was expecting Venom to be 12A.

1 hour ago, Nick1066 said:

A Wilhelm screen. In a f*cking promo clip. Yeah, this is going to suck. 

So the non-presence of the Wilhelm scream is your criteria for whether a film is worth watching? Does this mean you don't like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and LotR?

2 hours ago, Nick1066 said:

A Wilhelm screen. In a f*cking promo clip. Yeah, this is going to suck. 

Anyone who pays their good money to see this is a sap.

You literally just said that that because they used a Wilhelm Scream in a promo clip, it's evidence the film's going to suck.

As for the second part, I'll keep seeing films to make up my own mind, thanks.

8 minutes ago, Gistech said:

You literally just said that that because they used a Wilhelm Scream in a promo clip, it's evidence the film's going to suck.

As for the second part, I'll keep seeing films to make up my own mind, thanks.

I don't think you understand what "literally" means.  I didn't say that "because" the used the scream the film was going to suck.

Lots of films have the Wilhelm scream. Everyone knows that. But to feature it so conspicuously in a promo clip seems a little lame to me, especially when this is presumably a clip meant to get people excited. It's not the only reason the film is going to suck. No reasonable person could infer that from my comment, which was clearly meant tongue in cheek. It's just an indication that the film is going to suck. But yes, if it makes you feel any better, I think the film is going to suck based on the trailer. And based on Sony's recent track record. And because the whole think in general looks like shite. Good enough?

Now, if this were Star Wars or Indiana Jones, I might be willing to cut it a little slack. But this movie? No.  

But enjoy! I'll wait for the torrent. :)

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

:)

... because you forgot.

I understand English isn't your first language, so I make allowances.

BTW, in the post above, I didn't mean "piss" literally.

Here you go: :):):):):):):):):):)

That should sort me for my next ten posts! ;)

14 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

I understand English isn't your first language, so I make allowances.

BTW, in the post above, I didn't mean "piss" literally.

Here you go: :):):):):):):):):):)

That should sort me for my next ten posts! ;)

Don't conform to his demands! Be who you were meant to be!

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I guess your excuse is that Elvish is your first language.

:rimshot:

It is. That's why I changed my avatar. I didn't want everyone to think I was just a Tolkien geek. :(

7 minutes ago, Nick1066 said:

It is. That's why I changed my avatar. I didn't want everyone to think I was just a Tolkien geek. :(

So you're a Tolkien and GoT geek?

1 hour ago, Nick Parker said:

Don't conform to his demands! Be who you were meant to be!

But who were he meant to be?

While I'm certainly a Game of Thrones fan, I chose that avatar because for quite some time Danish friends and acquaintances told me I was the spitting image of actor Pilou Asbæk, whom I had never seen until his performance as Euron Greyjoy (I don't wear a crown however). 

Though I've since seen him in a Danish political drama, the name of which escapes me at the moment.

LOL! 27% on Rotten Tomatoes!!! 😂

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/venom_2018/

Congratulations once again Sony, you incompetent fucks! I hope gutting your movie into an incomprehensible mess was worth that oh-so-important teenage demographic that, after reading reviews, will now just wait until the Bluray leaks online and pirate the movie.

It's actually amazing a studio can be so incompetent as to make the same mistakes over and over and over again.

Stop trusting these critics and make your own mind up on things (not you personally, crumbs, but in general). I've lost count of the number of times they got it woefully wrong in recent years. The Last Jedi's reception debacle is a very recent reminder.

I'd be more concerned at a Cinemascore polling as that reflects real audience reactions. In any case I'll give the film a chance, for better or ill.

I think we need a break from films that have any connection to comic books. There’s too many and they’re mostly trash or just mediocre non entities (see Age of Ultron). 

Just fucking stop already.