Sony's Marvel Universe (Venom, Morbius, etc)

As comic books are for children, I think there's something generally valuable for children to be allowed to see comic book movies - even Venmo.  Everyone's lust for R-rated movies is bonkers to me, especially with the amount of stuff you can get away with in a PG-13 movie now.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah. This "trust your own judgement not the critics" stuff is only good as far as it goes.   OK, I saw the trailer and thought it sucked. I saw the promo clips they put out and thought they

If anybody anywhere does say it out loud, probably the latter

Maybe Sony will finally come to their senses and give us the film we've all been clamoring for: the Aunt May spinoff!

I have to say, Leto is a much better fit for Morbius than he was for Joker. As to whether the film will be any good... yeah, I know, people will point out it's Sony, but I actually feel like I could give this a chance, despite being unwilling to initially, and I happen to be one of the folks who liked Venom.

Also, it looks like this will officially tie the Sony MU into the MCU.

The music is being composed by Jon Ekstrand. He seems to be something of an unknown but has worked with the director before.

• 3 months later...

But it's a Spider-Man story. 

Instead of inventing all kinds of nonsense for those Spider-Man movies, they should take the actual stories. 

I hate it when some movie guy takes source material and completely puts it upside down for the sake of "creativity". 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm actually already more entertained by the trailer for this film than I was for the trailer from the first film. Carnage looks pretty cool (I know some people wanted him to have black teeth like the earlier comics).

I enjoyed the first movie a bit (only because of Tom Hardy) but this looks pretty good. I imagine they’re going to focus entirely on what people liked (Tom Hardy) and virtually nothing else from the first film, as they should.

And Carnage looks cool!

• 3 weeks later...