Nick Redman On Expanded Indy

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just hope they don't rush it. And what's that about the DVDs and next year - I was hoping the rumours they'd be released at the end of THIS year will turn out to be true...

Marian - :)

I just hope they don't rush it. And what's that about the DVDs and next year - I was hoping the rumours they'd be released at the end of THIS year will turn out to be true...

Marian - :)

Don't worry, Marian. All rumors point to the end of THIS year ;)

Don't worry, Marian. All rumors point to the end of THIS year  

"It could mean that, that point in time inherently contains some sort of cosmic significance. Almost as if it were the junction point for the entire space-time continuum. On the other hand, it could just be an amazing coincidence."

Justin - LOL :)

Don't worry, Marian. All rumors point to the end of THIS year  :)

Yeah dude, don't worry, all the internet rumours, completely unconfirmed by those who own the rights to the film have pointed to this year.

Stefancos- :roll:

"It could mean that, that point in time inherently contains some sort of cosmic significance. Almost as if it were the junction point for the entire space-time continuum. On the other hand, it could just be an amazing coincidence."

Hmm....that sounds very much like Douglas Adams.

Marian - currently reading The Salmon of Doubt. :)

The version of the films that will appear on DVD are the Indiana Jones Special Editions. The following changes will appear...

Raiders of the Lost Ark

The title card for "Raiders of the Lost Ark" will be replaced with one calling the film "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark."

All guns held by the Nazis have been replaced by Walkie-Talkies.

The Cairo Swordsman shoots first.

The visual effects seen during the opening of the Ark have been replaced with cartoonish digital effects.

There will be a trancendental sequence by Douglas Trumbull in which we go inside the Ark at the end.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Wu Han doesn't die... he's only resting.

The banquet at Pankot Palace has been digitally altered to eliminate the nasty food.

Mola Ram no longer rips out the sacrifice victim's living heart. Now he's just seen holding a boiled chicken in front of him.

The slave children have been replaced by digital muppets.

There will be a trancendental sequence by Douglas Trumbull in which we go inside the Sankara stone.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

The two Nazis that burst in on Indy and Henry that Indy kills now shoot first.

The tank has been replaced by a hummer.

There will be a trancendental sequence by Douglas Trumbull in which we go inside the grail.

When asked why he would approve such changes to the films that seemed well enough without them, Spielberg and Lucas shrugged. "Who cares? We know you'll buy the DVDs anyway. We're going to release alternate versions of these films every five or ten years, each time making a big deal out of how much better the presentation is."

Lucas added, "Eventually, there will be no trace of the original film exposed. I can't wait."

:)

Marian - currently reading The Salmon of Doubt. :)

Doc Brown said the line in Back to the Future Part II.

Neil

Don't worry, Marian. All rumors point to the end of THIS year  :)

Yeah dude, don't worry, all the internet rumours, completely unconfirmed by those who own the rights to the film have pointed to this year.

True, Stefan, true ;)

s-hands, not very good friend of rumorology....sometimes

After all these years, the release of the complete INdy scores sounds almost like the second coming, so I'm really keeping my expectations low.

There will be a trancendental sequence by Douglas Trumbull in which we go inside the Ark at the end.

There will be a trancendental sequence by Douglas Trumbull in which we go inside the Sankara stone.
There will be a trancendental sequence by Douglas Trumbull in which we go inside the grail.

:D

Lucas added, "Eventually, there will be no trace of the original film exposed.  I can't wait."

LOL

Not quite so weird and witty though, but yes :D

• 2 weeks later...

I still think the DVD release would be the PERFECT time for the expanded Indy soundtrack releases.

They would ideally do it in 2005 shortly after the newest Indy movie comes out.

Well, if there are any drastic changes (which I somehow doubt), hopefully Spielberg will get Lucas to release both versions, a la E.T.

Does anyone know which one wields more control over the situation?