Omen II

Thank you for the heads up Omen II! Looking forward to hearing this! :)

37 minutes ago, lemoncurd said:

what where the other two pieces?  ;)

The theme from Schindler's List (ably played by acting leader Charles Mutter) and Princess Leia's Theme from Star Wars.  They programmed a few non-choral pieces, presumably to give the choir enough of a rest.

They used the recently restored Royal Festival Hall organ in a few of the pieces (for example The Omen and Henry V), while there was also a harpsichord and a mandolin.

If you click on the link to the BBC Radio 3 website in my original post and click where it says 'Show more', you will see the full running order.

22 hours ago, Omen II said:

Bizarrely, there was woman in the row in front of me who slept through the entire concert.  I think she must have had a couple of glasses of wine beforehand, but even so it was a quite remarkable feat.  I don't mean that she dozed off occasionally, she proper slept through it despite being in the front stalls a few feet away from nearly two hundred musicians.  Neither Battle on the Ice nor the suite from The Omen roused her from her slumber.  Were it not for the fact that her husband (I assume) was sitting next to her apparently unconcerned, I honestly might have thought she was dead.  I was thankful at least that she did not start snoring.

:lol: That is pretty remarkable considering the mass of sound coming from the ensemble of that size! She seems like the very definition of "dead to the world".

And it is also highly rude but then again perhaps she had been dragged against her will to this concert by her husband and thought make the best of the situation by taking a good nap. But her powers of sleep were not inconsiderable.

Not sure where else to post this, but figured I'd drop this article about a Williams concert performed by the Yakima Symphony Orchestra, which is in Washington state.

http://www.yakimaherald.com/unleashed/reviews/yakima-symphony-orchestra-wows-with-john-williams-tribute/article_86feb452-0625-11e7-8fa7-5fbdea4c52d8.html

Just a reminder that the radio broadcast of this concert will begin in just under an hour on BBC Radio 3.  You can listen anywhere in the world by going to the 'Listen Live' link at the Radio 3 website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3

:music:

@Incanus @nightscape94 @karelm @Richard et al.

30 minutes ago, karelm said:

Damn it, I missed it.  How can we hear it after the broadcast?

Check the link in the first post of this thread and you should see the radio player icon in the corner of the main picture.  Click on that and hey presto.

📻

2 minutes ago, Omen II said:

Check the link in the first post of this thread and you should see the radio player icon in the corner of the main picture.  Click on that and hey presto.

📻

Thank you kind sir.  Listening now. :)