the mstrox thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's your social life ruined, then        Peeps, I thought I'd update everyone on the job situation. I've just survived my first week at work. It feels so strange after seven

I own a house!  

He does but they’re all dead. 

id imagine mr richard kimble ended up doing some significant time for escaping police custody and being the subject of a nationwide manhunt, even though he didnt kill his wife

57 minutes ago, mstrox said:

what regional gas station sandwich sale do u prefer:  hoagiefest or harry potter?

Once I found a harry potter in one half of my Sheetz hoagie. I plucked it out and ate that half. Then I needed to remove the rest of it from the other half. 

49 minutes ago, mstrox said:

im a white crème glazed fella myself, but i am a supporter of all the crème arts

That’s my go to if the other isn’t available. 

I don’t like the yellow cream that has the consistency of vanilla pudding. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's official, guys: the ejits have landed on the islands. Big fucking motorhomes everywhere, cyclists two abreast (it's against the fucking law!), and stupid fuckers who don't know the rules of single track driving. Today, I got stuck behind some Hyundai doing 38 miles per hour, in a 60 zone. As per the rules, I came up close behind, and flashed my lights. Nothing. This went on for five minutes. Eventually the chump pulled into a passing place, and let me overtake. There are great big, fucking big posters at every fucking port to and from the islands instructing visitors on how to drive, up here. Are people blind?! 

It really wouldn't hurt to read the rules of the islands roads, before setting off.

We have very little 2-track road, up here. The idea was to have two-way traffic, from the Butt of Lewis, to Barra, but the council ran out of money. Instead, on the lower islands, we have 80% single track which has to carry all of the islanders' traffic (including cars, taxis, farming vehicles, and emergency services, plus haulage, post, and food deliveries), and all the tourists. When I'm trying to get from one end of the islands to the other as fast as I can, I don't need to get stuck behind some stupid bell end pootling along at snails pace.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fucking hell. My boss is a stone-cold cunt. Every encounter with this (insert appropriate noun, here) leaves me humiliated, belittled, and depressed. It's got to the point where I expect to have a new one torn, on a daily basis.

It's so bad I don't even know which asshole to shit out of, any more.

Anyway, how was your day?

sorry to hear that richard!  my typical advice would encourage looking elsewhere on the side so that u have an escape plan, but i know how small your area is and how hard it is to find work in 2020 anyway.  rough rough rough.

ive been feeling a bit fatiguey over the past few weeks - worsening after a few months of pretty good non-fatigue, which had followed a few months of fairly profound fatigue after our viral illness in march.  anxiety has crept up along with that.  who knows man

• 1 month later...

Just checking in to the mstrox with a quick hello and (potentially) early Thanksgiving greetings from me and mine to you and yours, whether you are celebrating this weekend or later in November (most likely the latter for most members). Being situated in Canada of course, today is our day of festivities, and we will be having *some* family over, all packed up in sweaters for an outdoor visit of sorts, as we did our big dinner evening last. On top of that, went for a lovely hike yesterday morn and can confirm that autumn is reaching its peak where I am. Here are some pics of the foliage:

IMG_2989.JPG

IMG_2990.JPG

IMG_2980.JPG

Good will and cheers twice over to everyone!

happy thanksgiving jerry, from one turkey to another.

fall seems to just barely be hitting our trees now, down here.  gotta love the fall, bay beee

been watching halloween/spooky stuff since september, by ourselves and with our kid.  some middling and bad movies, some pretty good ones.  although i will go to the death defining the movie as a christmas movie and explicitly not a halloween movie, we did indeed watch the nightmare before christmas last night.

We had a nice dogwood tree in our front yard when we bought our house and moved and I was so happy to have it, but then it seemed to never do really well or get any bigger at all, and eventually we learned the previous owners knicked it with a weed wacker deep enough to effective stunt its growth forever and we'll probably have to replace it :(

we have some ornamental bushes and an enormous spiny holly tree, but no deciduous trees on our yard.  our neighbors' trees do slightly overhang our back yard, but never enough that i have to rake.  i just mow over the suckas  

Dogwoods are awesome, we don't have any beyond the stunted one.  We have some amazing, huge oaks and maples, but the bulk of our property is unfortunately pine trees, which doesn't sound like a problem at first until you realize A> how freaking many pine needles fall of those things every year and B> how freaking weak the branches are, so tons break off and fall down with every storm