the mstrox thread

28 minutes ago, mstrox said:

i think you'd be lucky to find somebody in the us who knows what stephens day/boxing day is!  i only know boxing day because i googled it once after seeing it on my calendar.  its written on calendars here as "boxing day (canada)"

all the same, i think "schools" are closed at this time of year for winter break, and don't return until january 2.  the daycare that we pay over $200 a week to watch our kid while we work, they're open almost every weekday

Ah right! That explains that so!

11 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Stefan's Day?

SAINT Stefan’s Day.

Have a quality street

7475B7C9-077C-4F79-8814-FFE7254CDF94.jpeg

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's your social life ruined, then        Peeps, I thought I'd update everyone on the job situation. I've just survived my first week at work. It feels so strange after seven

I own a house!  

He does but they’re all dead. 

THE banoffee pie will last another day however. 

I ate 6 or 7 potatoe croquettes along with my four scoops of mashed potatoe and all the turkey and ham.

Then the pie. 

I will I’ll not be moving any time soon.

Had steak today as we finally ran out of turkey and ham. 

It’s been absolute bliss lying on the couch across from the turf fire listening to James Horner and reading over the past few days. I don’t want to go back to work on Tuesday 😢

we were given a half day today for the new year, so everybody cancelled their days off to take advantage of the free time.  compared to earlier this week, it's bustling in here

my dad got a free luxury box to, of all things, professional wrestling tonight - so we're going to have "baby's first violence" tonight!  i understand nothing about wrestling.

still working on counting all of the years.  im up to 3043.  ill keep u all posted.

in the meantime, happy thursday!  it isnt going to significantly affect me, but our east coast is going to be hit with a weather phenomenon called a "cyclone bomb" which sounds pretty legit.  i think @Jay may get some of it - stay warm buddy!

I went into Dublin Saturday and Sunday. Got my comics on Saturday and treated myself to a meal in the Hard Rock Cafe on Sunday. 

Very nice weekend. Hurling starts back up next weekend so it’ll be all go!

On 1/4/2018 at 8:51 AM, mstrox said:

in the meantime, happy thursday!  it isnt going to significantly affect me, but our east coast is going to be hit with a weather phenomenon called a "cyclone bomb" which sounds pretty legit.  i think @Jay may get some of it - stay warm buddy!

Haha, I hadn't heard that term (cyclone bomb) before!  We got like a foot of snow on Thursday; We spent the entire day inside, both worked from home, never even as much as opened the door.  Friday morning had to go outside and snowblow the driveway, took forever, and was a giant pain in the ass because it was so windy it just kept blowing everywhere.  Since then, the wind has continued so much, half the driveway is juts full of snow again, level with the yard's snow level, just from all the intense wind.  

Today arriving at work was extra nutso, the town my work is in clearly got a lot more snow, and the company in charge of plowing our parking lot epicly failed, so 5 entire spots that are supposed to exist are covered in snow, and the amount of snow on the ground is easily 2 feet here.  Awesome.

ridiculous!

yesterday we got shipped home from work early because of what amounted to an inch of “wintery mix.”  schools all got early dismissals too.  so you can see where pennsylvania’s snow skill levels are.

todays my kids second birthday so we took off of work and are taking her to a climbnasium type place, pizza for lunch, disney store to pick a toy, a few other places

Mike, do you live anywhere near Pittsburgh? I used to live 90 miles south (off of the I 90), and I made a couple of trips to the city. I saw Michael Chabon's "cloud factory" and the PPG building, and I never tired of seeing where the three rivers converge.

On the subject of weather: you guys cope far better than us in Blighty do. One spot of rain, and a few leaves on the road, and every major city seems to grind to a halt. Snow? Fuck that! The whole country shuts down! We just have no idea how to cope.

44 minutes ago, Richard said:

Mike, do you live anywhere near Pittsburgh? I used to live 90 miles south (off of the I 90), and I made a couple of trips to the city. I saw Michael Chabon's "cloud factory" and the PPG building, and I never tired of seeing where the three rivers converge. 

You can just visit, but I plan to stay. 

I'm going to go back there someday...