The Patriot (John Williams)

On 3/26/2017 at 4:54 PM, Thor said:

It was a passion project for Williams, since he wanted to do fife-and-drums music and other modes of music of the era

Just rewatched the movie last night and was wondering how much of the source music was JW and whether he'd allow all of it to be released in a nice 10-20 minute block on a future expansion - this gives me hope!

The credits only mention these two pieces, that should mean all the rest was recorded specifically for the film and could be released without any problem, right?

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have to say, I really love The Patriot. It's such a wonderful score, and also: it's very diverse.    It has a beautiful love theme for the Heath Ledger character (Ann and Gabriel), some ve

Sure, I can make a rough estimate, especially since a number of the unreleased cues are used in complete form in the film, with the usual caveat that we don't exactly what was actually recorded or not

I have no idea why that could be!

1 hour ago, Holko said:

The credits only mention these two pieces, that should mean all the rest was recorded specifically for the film and could be released without any problem, right?

I wonder if the GEMA database could shed some light on this? BrotherSound recently found all the source music JW wrote for Amistad using that method (because it lists entries of music chronologically as it appeared in the film). It then listed the source music for Amistad that JW actually composed himself... and which desperately needs to be included on a future expansion (please convince him Mike! :()

10 hours ago, Holko said:

It's possible they're just uncredited library tracks. Sometimes those get mentioned in end credits, and sometimes they don't.

• 1 month later...

I’ve got the NFL draft pre-show on and when they had the presentation of colors by our armed forces The Patriot main theme was playing in the background on-site.  Great scene gave me goosebumps!  Can’t wait for an expanded release of this score!