IndyCast John Williams Specials - DIAL OF DESTINY

Faleel

This episode was great!  I enjoyed the entire conversation - getting to know the hosts and guest through stories from their childhoods was as wonderful as the discussion of the film itself, and the score itself.  Great work all around!

There was an unfortunate technical issue that hopefully can be addressed for future episodes; The portions of the episode where only Mike was speaking was filled with compression artifacts and other anomalies, sometimes so much so that it overpowered his voice and made it very difficult to understand what he was saying at a few times.  The music clips, and Ed and Laird's voices, sounded alright, it was only Mike's feed that was affected.  I'm not sure if his portion was recorded only on your end or if he recorded locally, but it sounded like the former to my naïve ears.

Other than that technical note, keep up the good work!

Wow Laird, thank you for the uncompressed files! The conversation was so good, it was easy to push through the technical issue and still enjoy the conversation immensely. Really looking forward to part 2, because part 1 was so good! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/6/2022 at 5:01 AM, Jay said:

Really looking forward to part 2, because part 1 was so good! 

Thanks!

Part 2 should finally come out tomorrow (July 4!). We were backed up behind the regular IndyCast last week. I'll post the uncompressed files here as the audio issues were the same (since we recorded the whole thing in one long session). Only 90 mins for part 2 :)

Update: Might be tomorrow (July 5) as Ed, our host, was very busy over the past week and is behind.

I have listened to part 2 and it's quite wonderful!  Unlike the first part which included many personal stories from the hosts and guest before starting to go through the movie, this mostly covers the rest of the movie thought there are still some nice personal stories throughout.

When I was done, I had a realization that there's a good idea for a whole separate podcast in here:  Going through entire movies cue-by-cue, talking about the scenes the cues underscore and what themes are used, then playing that cue, etc.

It was cool going through SpaceCamp this way, but really could be done for any movie!

11 hours ago, Jay said:

I have listened to part 2 and it's quite wonderful!  Unlike the first part which included many personal stories from the hosts and guest before starting to go through the movie, this mostly covers the rest of the movie thought there are still some nice personal stories throughout.

When I was done, I had a realization that there's a good idea for a whole separate podcast in here:  Going through entire movies cue-by-cue, talking about the scenes the cues underscore and what themes are used, then playing that cue, etc.

It was cool going through SpaceCamp this way, but really could be done for any movie!

Thanks, Jay for the nice comments and of course spending the time to listen. Ron and I have actually gone through a number of movies in similar fashion (Jaws, Jaws 2, Raiders, Temple of Doom, and a few others, all 4 original Superman movies), although having Mike made this all the more magical. Mike is just dialed in! We were honored to spend so much time with him.

• 1 year later...