How to contact JW

Roshan

Unfortunately Mr. Williams can not be contacted via email or social media. In order to try to get in touch with the composer you might try through the following snail mail address of Gorfaine/Schwartz agency that represents him:

Mr. John Williams
Gorfaine / Schwartz Agency
4111 W. Alameda Avenue
Suite 509
Burbank, California 91505
USA

Not to squash your hopes, but I should also point out that Williams is far less accesible these days than he used to be, so don't expect a response. But I wish you all the best!

This "hero worship" stuff bothers me. There are several famous people that I'd like to shoot the breeze with, but I'd never intrude upon their privacy, by asking for an autograph, or a selfie. If they have a public website, then that's another matter...

The fact is, JW knows that there are so many people out there, who want a piece of him, but, just because people buy his music, and attend his concerts, doesn't give them the right to try to "know" him. THE KING OF COMEDY is a chilling, salutory, and very good, lesson to us all.

Richard

JW's exec; pointing-out alternatives.

It depends. If it's during a concert or something, public interview session or anything "professional", sure.

But going up to his house to try and catch a glimpse.

That out of order, imo.

5 hours ago, Stefancos said:

It depends. If it's during a concert or something, public interview session or anything "professional", sure.

But going up to his house to try and catch a glimpse.

That out of order, imo.

Yes. I've nothing against that, at all. Q+As can be great.

You're right; watching his house is no less than spying.

5 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

What about stealing and wearing his underwear? That's fine, right?

Of course, that's absolutely fine, as long as it's not washed.

If you do get some, please send it to:

I M Foreman,

76 Totters Lane.

Thanks.

These days even seeing him at concerts or rehearsals is practically impossible.  You have to be on a list approved by JW to see him back stage so you already were known to him.  I went to the Hollywood Bowl rehearsals and there literally wasn't a second that he hung out.  He came to conduct, left straight away and security were in place keeping fans far away.  Go the official route of writing to his manager.  Do not play trumpet at his house.

On 4/13/2017 at 5:13 AM, Richard said:

This "hero worship" stuff bothers me. There are several famous people that I'd like to shoot the breeze with, but I'd never intrude upon their privacy, by asking for an autograph, or a selfie. If they have a public website, then that's another matter...

The fact is, JW knows that there are so many people out there, who want a piece of him, but, just because people buy his music, and attend his concerts, doesn't give them the right to try to "know" him. THE KING OF COMEDY is a chilling, salutory, and very good, lesson to us all.

Richard

JW's exec; pointing-out alternatives.

Yeah, I definitely agree with most of that. 

Part of me wants desperately to try really hard to get an autograph when he comes to Chicago next year, but another part of me wants very deeply to avoid meeting JW unless I am in a position in which he can respect me as something other than a crazed fanboy (which is unlikely to ever happen, although not entirely impossible). I want him to have a good impression of me, or no impression at all. 

7 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

I doubt he'd remember you either way.

His fans are probably just one giant blurry mass to him.

Oh, of course he wouldn't remember me, but at the moment I'm sure he'd think, What a loser, or something to that effect. 

John Williams was really mean to me when I tried to contact him. I went up to his house but didn't want to bother him at a time when he would be busy. So around 2 or 3 in the morning I started knocking on his bedroom window. He seemed very bewildered to see a dedicated fan like me! Before I could give him my list of suggestions for the next Star Wars score he grabbed a couple of batons and started hitting me with them. I still don't know what I did wrong; maybe he thought I was Michael Giacchino.

See, you were way too aggressive, man. You should have gotten there early in the morning, let yourself in, and waited on his living room sofa for him to come downstairs in his bathrobe. That way you're working on his schedule and he gets his beauty sleep. Much more considerate, trust me.