Williams Conducting at Star Wars 40th Celebration

rpvee

I was ok until I saw John Williams and the Orchestra and now I've lost it! 

Edit: Is it ok to cry at work? :) At least he's going on with the main titles! woof dry the eyes and enjoy the rest 

Don't have time to watch now but hopefully will tonight. I'm sure it's beautiful. Wonderful that JW was there; can't wait to see it. 

EDIT: Looks like from the live stream that Williams is now conducting "Main Title" (the concert arrangement) as well. 

4 minutes ago, Will said:

EDIT: Looks like from the live stream that Williams is now conducting Throne Room and Finale as well. 

Your stream is way ahead of mine.  I'm still on the Main Theme.  But my stream is cutting off and on so much, I'm getting music in 5-10 second chunks.

He's conducting the Imperial March now.

Seriously the merged replies thing is annoying.  I can edit if I want something to be included with my previous post.

21 minutes ago, Miguel Andrade said:

The 40th Anniversary panel ended after the Williams appearance.

After 3 pieces? What was the talk of co-conducting? None of that was on my stream and I wasn't far behind.

11 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Those were feeble attempts at humor, only.

Lame. Extremely lame.

As an aside, it's absolutely fantastic to see Williams looking so lively and traveling. The number of concerts he's appearing at across the US in the next 12 is very encouraging to see as it bodes well to him completing the star Wars and Indiana Jones sagas. 

That was great to see Williams there. Hope a better quality video comes out from the SWCO youtube channel. There is a live stream recording posted but its rather poor quality.

On 4/13/2017 at 11:52 AM, FC4L said:

Lame. Extremely lame.

As an aside, it's absolutely fantastic to see Williams looking so lively and traveling. The number of concerts he's appearing at across the US in the next 12 is very encouraging to see as it bodes well to him completing the star Wars and Indiana Jones sagas. 

Why on Earth would you want anyone else conducting? He's only been doing that lately for full concerts because of his age and the energy needed for it.

On 4/14/2017 at 7:54 AM, Disco Stu said:

Everybody shushing at once was kind of adorable.  That flubbed note in the opening horn solo was not.  And everyone in the audience holding their camera phones aloft was chilling in a dystopian kind of way.

I think because they were sitting behind the curtain for a very long time with the instruments getting cold made the whole french horn solo flat. It happens if the place is cold. They should have done a quick tuning before the start.

12 hours ago, Miguel Andrade said:

New upload of the 40th anniversary panel, with the Williams appearance, in top quality:

After all, not top quality... just the video. After closer examination, the audio is mono :(

20 hours ago, ocelot said:

Why on Earth would you want anyone else conducting? He's only been doing that lately for full concerts because of his age and the energy needed for it.

I don't "want" anyone else conducting. My comment of lame is directed at the 2 morons who made posts about Giacchino sharing the baton with Williams before my stream had caught up to the end. It was an utterly idiotic attempt at supposed humor. If you had followed along with the rest of the posts you'd have easily understood that.

8 minutes ago, FC4L said:

I don't "want" anyone else conducting. My comment of lame is directed at the 2 morons who made posts about Giacchino sharing the baton with Williams before my stream had caught up to the end. It was an utterly idiotic attempt at supposed humor. If you had followed along with the rest of the posts you'd have easily understood that.

Oh, lol, my bad

Let's not make excuses for the Orlando Pops. They're just not very good, at least when it comes to performing Williams music. We've known that for a long time. Nothing's changed, not even with Williams conducting. It's rather sad, actually. It's like putting Captain Kirk in command of a Pakled freighter.

17 minutes ago, FC4L said:

Man, those light hearted joke comments must have really bothered you...

18 hours ago, Not Mr. Big said:

Man, those light hearted joke comments must have really bothered you...

They weren't "light hearted jokes" they were posts continuing the narrative of the event by those watching it live. To see such posts, with zero indication of them being "jokes" and then get to the end of the stream wondering why I've not seen something I'm expecting to happen happen isn't funny nor amusing. It was lame and stupid. 

6 minutes ago, FC4L said:

with zero indication of them being "jokes" and then get to the end of the stream

The comments' far-fetched nature was more than enough of an indication.   "John Williams and Michael Giacchino co-conducting" isn't something that would actually happen :lol: