Will the Ep 8 trailer have new music composed by Williams?

Will the Ep 8 trailer have new music composed by Williams?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Ep 8 trailer have new music composed by Williams?

Can it? Will it? Should it?

I mean what if it has a brilliant new piece composed by Williams especially for this trailer?

There's a 100% chance it will not be on the OST, so we might have to wait 20 years before we get it. Or never!

No...better if they just use pre-existing music, or something sampled together by those trailer music guys.

But...but that would be a missed opportunity. We already lost a Desplat Star Wars score. Now we run the risk of losing extra John Williams music!

The suspense is KILLING me!!!11

I sincerely hope that Williams, at 85, has better things to do in life than recording music for a trailer.

1 minute ago, Bespin said:

I sincerely hope that Williams, at 85, has better things to do in life than recording music for a trailer.

I agree with this.  However, since some/most of the score is already recorded, I would be happy with new music pulled from that. 

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

I agree with this.  However, since some/most of the score is already recorded, I would be happy with new music pulled from that. 

If I was Williams, I would never allow that.

Expect a variation on the Theme Force... as usual... and maybe some notes from Luke and Leia's theme... why not... ;-)

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

What time is the trailer meant to be released?

The panel about The Last Jedi at Star Wars Celebration in Orlando starts in about 50 minutes (11am US eastern time).  You can expect it soon after I would think/hope?

2 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Don't worry: Will will be here to remind us that the music may or may not be by Williams, and that there's no way to know for sure unless someone officially confirms it!

I'm sure he'll be trawling the websites of trailer music companies every day for months to see if VIII gets added to their CVs

It's clear Williams wrote the bulk of this music.  The question is did a trailer house beef up some parts to give it that modern trailer feel, or are those parts entirely by Williams as well.

I wasnt expecting Williams to do that. Rey's Theme and Kylo Ren's tho themes are incredibly prominent in TFA. I assume the more set piece like themes like The Resistance March won't be used, or used far less.

1 minute ago, BloodBoal said:

Many people thought/think JW could follow that pattern and write an entirely new villain theme for TLJ to replace the Kylo Ren motif.

I can't wait to hear if he develops it all though.  Especially the tragic part of the theme, which I always liked more than the evil fanfare.

5 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Because it's a small motif, like the Imperial motif in ANH which was abandoned in ESB in favour of the Imperial March.

Many people thought/think JW could follow that pattern and write an entirely new villain theme for TLJ to replace the Kylo Ren motif.

Does the trailer look like this film is a redo of TESB?

I'm not sure....