Movements from Signature Edition

jangoisbaddest

Hello! I'm planning a scifi film concert, and the ensemble has only purchased the 5-movement bare-bones star wars suite and phantom menace suite in past years. Now I would love to include movements from his other suites (namely, The Asteroid Field from "Music from the Star Wars Saga" and "Jedi Steps/Finale" from Force Awakens), but the budget is awfully tight and it appears you cannot buy or even rent a single movement from one of these suites...you have to buy the whole thing or not at all. I completely understand Williams' desire not to have his work arranged, but this just seems ridiculous to me. I'm sure plenty of orchestras have wanted to program more of his stuff but haven't, simply because they don't have the funds to "waste" on four other cues that they're not going to play.

Anyway, aside from whining and moaning, I was also hoping I'd be able to find someone on this forum who is (or knows someone who is) a part of an ensemble willing to share or rent parts from any of the pieces mentioned above. Thanks!

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic