Will we see a new box set for 40 years of Star Wars?

Jwfan2234

On 5/1/2017 at 7:29 PM, azahid said:

Oh yes. A few titles. Start saving😊

I'm presuming we have no idea which ones? 

At least we have three anniversaries this year: Close Encounters, The Witches of Eastwick and Amistad.

And Harry Potter has Live to Picture Concert, which usually leads to complete scores, unless Concord or Sony still own the rights. :P Moreover HP is a WB title and they were never too mean to keep the rights for their own and MM said we have to save money, which sounds like a big box set - and what else could it be? - The Oliver Stone John Williama Collection?!

13 minutes ago, aj_vader said:

I'm presuming we have no idea which ones? 

Nothing has been announced if that's what you mean. 

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but are there people hoping for expanded OT editions? Weren't the 1997 sets enough? Only prequel re-releases would interest me... and of course Harry Potter, Far and Away, Schindler's List, a better Hook...

Why did I just read this entire thread page? I can't stand waiting for things I don't even know. Must, stop, thinking, about, expanded, releases...

5 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but are there people hoping for expanded OT editions?

ABSOLUTELY there is.

Weren't the 1997 sets enough?

No, absolutely not.  They were fine by 1997 standards, but completely outclassed by the great work the boutique labels have been doing since 2007-present.  All three of those releases are incomplete, with much of their music sourced from inferior masters and/or remixed poorly. New editions would be better in every way.

Put it this way: Matessino himself has publicly posted that he would love to tackle them all again and make them better if given the opportunity.

Only prequel re-releases would interest me... and of course Harry Potter, Far and Away, Schindler's List, a better Hook...

We all want those as well.

Matessino has publicly said that this year its all about the THE LAST JEDI and nothing else is planned for at least this year apart from the Concert program/ vinyl editions.   So we don't need to get our hopes up for expansions. 2018, however, is going to be a different story. Lets hope!

4 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but are there people hoping for expanded OT editions? Weren't the 1997 sets enough? Only prequel re-releases would interest me... and of course Harry Potter, Far and Away, Schindler's List, a better Hook...

You want a better Hook, but no better OT?

15 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Wait, so now people claim that we won't get any expanded JW releases in 2017? Why the Harry Potter speculation then...?

What are you talking about?  Who said there won't be expanded JW releases in 2017?  

Also: There's already been 5 JW CDs/iso scores this year in the first 4 months alone.

Well, I was sort of confused by an earlier post:

'Matessino has publicly said that this year its all about the THE LAST JEDI and nothing else is planned for at least this year apart from the Concert program/ vinyl editions.   So we don't need to get our hopes up for expansions. 2018, however, is going to be a different story. Lets hope!'

Now that I re-read it, it only seems to apply to Star Wars, but it first seemed as though the OP meant that we won't be getting anything Williams anymore this year.

2 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

I can live with that.

More over, LLL label has some great JW titles planned for this year. Two titles revealed by LLL last year at FSM message board are planned such as The Towering Inferno and JFK. Although JFK is most likely to cross over to 2018 since they are still negotiating over the various licenses, rights etc. but they are trying their best o make it to 2017.