May 26th: RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK 2LP Concord Records

Amer

Concord Records are issuing RAIDERS as a 2LP set on 26th May. 

I suppose the remaining scores will be issued as well.

Raiders Of The Lost Ark [2 LP]

Track Listings

1. A1. In The Jungle
  2. A2. The Idol Temple
  3. A3. Escape From The Temple
  4. A4. Flight From Peru
  5. A5. Washington Men / Indy's Home
  6. A6. A Thought For Marion / To Nepal
  7. A7. The Medallion
  8. A8. Flight To Cairo
  9. B1. The Basket Game
  10. B2. Bad Dates
  11. B3. The Map Room: Dawn
  12. B4. Reunion In The Tent / Searching For The Well
  13. B5. The Well Of The Souls
  14. C1. Indy Rides The Statue
  15. C2. The Fist Fight / The Flying Wing
  16. C3. Desert Chase
  17. C4. Marion's Theme / The Crate
  18. D1. The German Sub
  19. D2. Ride To The Nazi Hideout
  20. D3. Indy Follows The Ark
  21. D4. The Miracle Of The Ark
  22. D5. Washington Ending / Raiders March

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XWK387N/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_9PXbzbS3M1VGW

Just now, Josh500 said:

Any new music?

No. The details are on Amazon.com. Its the same program on the expanded cd.

Is there anybody here who actually still listens to LPs? I understand they have their own charm, but no practical use whatsoever.

Most people here don't even listen to CD's, I bet.

Just now, Josh500 said:

Is there anybody here who actually still listens to LPs? I understand they have their own charm, but no practical use whatsoever.

I dont even have a Turntable but Ive been collecting these for quite some time now.  Apparently the Vinyl market is growing. The 2CD Sony version programs of STAR WARS OT will also be getting the same Vinyl treatment as well. 

1 hour ago, Josh500 said:

Yes. But I don't buy a lot of film scores on vinyl because they're rarely complete. There are some cases where I like the album arrangement, though, and I will buy/listen to the LP... some Mancini albums, for example.

Yes, if you enjoy the original album then having it in is original format is a big part of the fun of collecting LPs. There are some I would buy in reissued, complete format, but I haven't seen any yet that I've felt compelled to buy. I have STTMP and Alien on CD already, and wouldn't really want to rebuy those. There are some Williams scores I would probably rebuy if they were released.

I do have some original Williams LPs, like Star Wars, Empire, Close Encounters, Raiders, etc. But I don't listen to those on LP as much as albums from other genres, because I enjoy the complete scores so much.

3 hours ago, Josh500 said:

I dont even have a Turntable but Ive been collecting these for quite some time now.  Apparently the Vinyl market is growing. The 2CD Sony version programs of STAR WARS OT will also be getting the same Vinyl treatment as well. 

So this proves Concord's license to release Indiana Jones music isn't over, like Sony's is for Star Wars music.  Bummer.

7 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Unless, like Sony's vinyl box set last year, this is Concord's last hurrah to squeeze the last bit of money out of the license before it expires!

Yes. Seems like it.

That was my thinking too, considering there's no new Indy films on the immediate horizon and there's seemingly no other reason for this release; very out of the blue.

Considering Raiders is one of the live to picture scores that Williams has adapted recently, and almost all of those have resulted in Matessino expansions (Raiders, ET and Potter being the only exceptions), hopefully Concord's license was ten years only and MM/JW are developing an expansion for release next year.

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

That was my thinking too, considering there's no new Indy films on the immediate horizon and there's seemingly no other reason for this release; very out of the blue.

Considering Raiders is one of the live to picture scores that Williams has adapted recently, and almost all of those have resulted in Matessino expansions (Raiders, ET and Potter being the only exceptions), hopefully Concord's license was ten years only and MM/JW are developing an expansion for release next year.

Im sure the Indy expansions will come at the right time and rather unexpectedly. The labels are taking opportunity to rake the Vinyl market.

Expect more STAR WARS related Vinyls  from Disney when the Movie Concerts  begin during the year as a tie in merchendise....its not over yet.

It is for me sister, I'm not in it for Vinyl Records, and I'm not in it for Cassettes: I'm in it for the CD's.

12 hours ago, crumbs said:

Concord still have distribution rights for the Indy scores? Fuck! It's been nearly a decade!

Sadly, yes. Who's that broad we emailed about the box set before it came out? I wonder if she's still there. Maybe she fucking runs the place now.

They should've just repressed the 1995 DCC 2LP album, same cover, linear notes and everything. We would get complete "Well of the Souls", "Desert Chase" and "Washington Ending / Raiders March"

I don't care much for "Washington Men / Indy's Home", "Bad Dates" and "Indy Rides The Statue".

11 hours ago, Selina Kyle said:

Sadly, yes. Who's that broad we emailed about the box set before it came out? I wonder if she's still there. Maybe she fucking runs the place now.

She probably collected all the session tapes and threw them in a furnace.

• 2 weeks later...

Do we have a catalogue number for this reissue, I'm currently adding it to my website.

EDIT: Sorry I just found it

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/24959995/raiders-of-the-lost-ark-john-williams-london-symphony-orchestra-2lp

• 4 weeks later...