Is the full orchestral score for Star Wars available?

AVBG

Hello!

My name is Axel and I'm a new member on this forum. I'm a full time cello and classical musician student and I have slowly over the last 2 years been doing a in-depth analysis of the music for Star Wars(1977). My plan is to make a "complete" analysis and documentation of the full score for Star Wars, but the problem is that it is of course very difficult to do so without access to the full orchestral score.

So my question is, does anybody here know where, or even if, you can get the full score for Star Wars? Is it, at all, available for the public in any way?

Not only do I really want/need it to be able to do a proper analysis of it, but also because it has for a really long time been my holy grail when it comes to music, because it was this score that started my love for music which now basically is my life ;)

The sheet music for any of the Star Wars films has never been released for sale.  In fact, no John WIlliams score is up for sale (only selections, no entire scores).

This company sells complete scores legally, but they will probably never get a John Williams license:

http://www.omnimusicpublishing.com/

Hal Leonard has released a couple of suites from the two trilogies as well as a few other pieces individually.  All of them are "concert arrangements" of the cues rather what is in the movie.  

It's a start.

There are various sources of the not-legal variety of various sketch scores and full scores that are primarily hand written (by Williams or whoever orchestrated it was) on nefarious sites known to be a party to such exchanges of information.  Until I read it earlier in this thread, I only thought that about half of Empire was available.  Apparently, I'm not nefarious enough.  

36 minutes ago, Matt S. said:

If you play the Star Wars theme on trumpet on his front lawn, he might let you in his house to look at the scores in his personal archives.

I'll play it on xylophone with someone else playing staccato piccolo. He'll love it!

On 5/8/2017 at 5:44 PM, Matt S. said:

If you play the Star Wars theme on trumpet on his front lawn, he might let you in his house to look at the scores in his personal archives.

If you REALLY want his attention, you play Rey's theme. ;)