THE ORVILLE - Show Discussion

Me, like I said in my post about the episode they've created a very rich alt time line and it feels like they could easily tell more stories in it

There was a melancholy music theme in the Season 2 finale that sounded to me as if it was about to break of into the theme from Seven Years in Tibet.

Did anyone else notice that too?

29 minutes ago, Pieter_Boelen said:

There was a melancholy music theme in the Season 2 finale that sounded to me as if it was about to break of into the theme from Seven Years in Tibet.

Did anyone else notice that too?

Yes. Definitely. 

Season 2 gag reel

FOX announces their 2019-2020 TV schedule on Monday May 13th, so we'll know by then at the latest if they decided to renew or cancel The Orville.  If they decide to cancel, another network/streaming service could pick it up; This could already be negotiated and then announced simultaneously or shortly after, or get hammered down after the official cancellation notice and announced later.

Finally got to watch the finale. Damn delayed UK broadcasting! 

I may have put shame on myself, my family and my house when I let out a very clear 'AH!' sound as Alara returned. She is my favourite character and I wept like an inbecile when she said goodbye to the crew and left the show. I hope this means she will return someday, but even so, it was lovely seeing her again. 

Everything about this episode was wonderful. The story was so absorbing that the episode flew by! The spectacle of it all was breathtaking, and along with the score...man what an experience this show is. Just renew the damn thing for another season already!

Also, did anyone (sci-fi obsessives) notice that the scavenger ship they used for the episode looked an awful lot like the Daedalus-class ships from Stargate? ;)

3Xx587X.jpg

49 minutes ago, leeallen01 said:

did anyone (sci-fi obsessives) notice that the scavenger ship they used for the episode looked an awful lot like the Daedalus-class ships from Stargate? ;)

Absolutely. I told my wife that, and since we've recently binged SG-1, she agrees. 

Yea I was sooo happy to see Alara too.  Even just seeing her again in the season 2 gag rell posted a bit up made me miss her all over again too.  I guess I never thought about it this way,but the fact she's easily one of my favorite characters on the show

Is anyone else annoyed that they've shortened the title sequence for the last couple of episodes? I LOVE the long titles. I watch the full thing and hum along every single time. It would be a shame if they've permanently shortened it.

Also, loving this little exchange in an Orville finale episode discussion - 

Screenshot_20190503-233054_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yea I liked the long titles and never minded sitting through them every week, but I also didn't mind that they gave us shorter ones for the final two parter.

When it comes to music, mostly now I just continue to enjoy the Season 1 OST album and hope a Season 2 release is in the works

When the opening titles are as good as The Orville or Star Trek Voyager or Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, I quite like to watch the whole thing.

Didn't like it when they shortened it on Atlantis and I don't like it now either.

It isn't a deal-breaker if they don't, but I do hope the full version will return for Season 3.

That's the second time this week that I've read about optimism in relation to renewal, the last time from one of the show's execs:

"Goodman said discussions for a third season are ongoing, but he’s optimistic – and that he doesn’t believe the format of the show will change."

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/05/06/the-orville-ep-david-a-goodman-talks-season-2-season-3-and-more/

Really good interview actually.

Yeah, I think it's supposed to be a light dig at some actor who was apparently upset that her own show got renewed while also just being Seth's own chuffed to bits outburst.

On 1/28/2019 at 5:33 PM, xWxzek said:

Will Seth ever ask longtime Family Guy collaborator Ron Jones to revisit his TNG years with an Orville episode?

On 1/28/2019 at 5:39 PM, Jay said:

A Ron Jones Orville score would be cool

I was just thinking this and honestly it really has to happen