THE ORVILLE - Show Discussion

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Jay said:

She went home to Xelaya. Don't shatter the illusion of which my fragile emotions lie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

THE ORVILLE is completely shut out of Emmy nominations, didn't even snag a best original score nom!!!

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/emmys-2019-nominations-complete-list-1203268665/

https://www.soundtrack.net/news/article/?id=2811

58 minutes ago, Jay said:

THE ORVILLE is completely shut out of Emmy nominations, didn't even snag a best original score nom!!!

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/emmys-2019-nominations-complete-list-1203268665/

https://www.soundtrack.net/news/article/?id=2811

That's not accurate according to their Facebook page. 

FB_IMG_1563305944353.jpg

2 hours ago, Jay said:

I already watched it through Hulu so makes no difference to me! 

S2 started around the start of 2019. We won't get S3 until towards the end of 2020, not the beginning. It's been delayed quite a while. You're OK with that? 

I don't really understand the crux of the situation with this, does it mean Hulu now own the property or something? How come some people aren't happy about this news?

I don't give two shits about the network. I was using family Hulu the next day before I had cloud DVR. 

It's the delay to late 2020 that bums me. 

S1, September 2017. 

S2, December 2018.

S3...late 2020 

It fits the pattern like Fibonacci but still. 

:angry:

Yeah the delay is crappy but like the greatest video games, there are always delays. I'll wait it out and I know Orville 3 will be great when it finally arrives 👍

Besides, I'm really loving this whole "evolved" and "ambitious" talk. After S2, I believe every word Seth says here. 

And in the end, presumably with Fox being less involved, it bodes well for S4 and beyond.

Sure it's a bummer we're not getting season 3 until late 2020 rather than early 2020, but I'd rather have a third season they make properly, then either a rushed 3rd season or no third season at all, so nah, I ain't upset about it or anything.

Seth's quote on the matter explains everything perfectly adequately for me

“’The Orville’ has been a labor of love for me, and there are two companies which have supported that vision in a big way: 20th Century Fox Television, where I’ve had a deal since the start of my career, and Fox Broadcasting Company, now Fox Entertainment, which has been my broadcast home for over 20 years,” MacFarlane said in a statement. “My friends at the network understood what I was trying to do with this series, and they’ve done a spectacular job of marketing, launching and programming it for these past two seasons. But as the show has evolved and become more ambitious production-wise, I determined that I would not be able to deliver episodes until 2020, which would be challenging for the network. So we began to discuss how best to support the third season in a way that worked for the show. It’s exactly this kind of willingness to accommodate a show’s creative needs that’s made me want to stick around for so long. I am hugely indebted to Charlie Collier and Fox Entertainment for their generosity and look forward to developing future projects there. And to my new friends at Hulu, I look forward to our new partnership exploring the galaxy together.”

I've seen a fair few people complaining about this change on Facebook, to my surprise. I mean, up until very recently we possibly weren't even getting a third season! So Seth moves to Hulu and now "fans" are dissatisfied and inconvenienced by this migration? What, are these guys Fox fanboys or something? I don't get it. The ranting and entitlement I saw on the Orville group was punchable tbh. Ungrateful fuckin' pricks.

Most of those people who won't want to pay for Hulu will just torrent it anyway.  

I understand the concerns from overseas fans in that regard, but somebody from the production has already reached out to say they will be making sure these viewers are looked after - as it airs. So I'm sure they must be working on streaming distribution behind the scenes already.

58 minutes ago, Jay said:

Hopefully doesn't make for a hostile set! Wow! 

Have you trademarked the phrase  "Wow!"?  I think Christopher Walken will have a thing or two to say about that.

On 7/23/2019 at 8:10 PM, Jay said:

THE ORVILLE: INTERACTIVE FAN EXPERIENCE now live on Steam

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1096200/The_Orville__Interactive_Fan_Experience/

steam://rungameid/1096200

Including original music by Patrick Phillips:

https://visualmediamusic.com/album/the-orville-interactive-fan-experience-soundtrack/

Nice stuff. I hope he'll release more tracks.

Regarding the experience, I really hope these guys don't get shut down by Fox. They are the same team that created the Enterprise-D experience (with a fully explorable ship) that got cancelled by Paramount, so let's hope Fox is a bit cooler regarding this. At least Seth MacFarlane and Tom Constantino liked and retweeted the project on Twitter. If that's enough for Fox's lawyers remains to be seen.

1 hour ago, Laserschwert said:

They are the same team that created the Enterprise-D experience (with a fully explorable ship) that got cancelled by Paramount, so let's hope Fox is a bit cooler regarding this.

Wrong. CBS shut down Stage 9, the explorable Enterprise D simulator, not Paramount. 

Fuck CBS. 

I wish I had downloaded it before it was pulled but I haven't even found it on the dark web. 

• 2 weeks later...