• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Orville, without a shadow of a doubt.

The Orville 2x08 Identity, Part 1     THAT WAS AMAZING!  What a freaking fantastic, fantastic episode.  I feel like I say this every week, but damn, this show keeps getting better

So, watching The Orville has officially entered the list "Things GRRM is doing instead of writing Books 6 and 7".

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Jay said:

The pilot episode aired 3 years ago yesterday

In 3 years time, we've only gotten 2 seasons of show....

Can't wait for season 3 to finally drop 

According to Seth MacFarlane, season 3 is not even done. They had to shut down production because of Covid. Who knows when they’ll finish. 

• 3 weeks later...

Seth MacFarlane Gives Update on Delayed Hulu Debut

Szohr indicated that at the time the pandemic shut down production, “We were, like, pushing through the middle of the season, scripts were banging out, gas pedal down, and then it was like, ‘Halt!'”

“For a show with a lot of prosthetic makeup that requires close contact, a lot of background artists… it’s a big job, and you want to make sure you do it in a way that keeps everyone safe and secure,” McFarlane explained. “Once we have those protocols figured out, we will start up again and you will get more Orville.”

“a lot of prosthetic makeup that requires close contact”

Sounds like they just need to do a TOS-style season in which (under one SF pretext or another) they don’t have so much rubber foreheads.

"We're working on it. We are working very hard."

I’m torn on this. On the one hand I love that it’s a labor of love with apparently no execs giving them deadlines. On the other hand, give me a break. You’re working hard? So’s everyone else in the world. Where’s the passion? Where’s your belief in your product?

• 2 weeks later...

Well they're going to finish making the third season they were in the middle of when it started.  If there's a season 4 or not will all depend on how Hulu likes the ratings it gets, I suppose