Jerry Goldsmiths POLTERGEIST II: THE OTHER SIDE - NEW 3CD Intrada edition

Incanus

16 hours ago, azahid said:

They will re-issue these again with very minor alterations. Some of you will re-buy them again. (I know I did. But I have to stop!) 

But what if they release Rambo II again with minor alterations?

25 minutes ago, kaseykockroach said:

Wake me when they release Gremlins 2 but with Tony Randall's singing included. 

The same Tony Randall who directed Hellraiser II and posts nothing but seething anti-Trump status updates on Facebook relentlessly, one after another?

On the picture where you can see the back of the set, there is also the spine visible. But it's thin like the spine of a 1 or 2 CD set. Will it be a flat packaging with 3 CDs squeezed in or a big box set?

I already have the Kritzerland version, so photos please!

• 4 years later...
25 minutes ago, May the Force be with You said:

It's back in stock for those interrested

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.10863/.f?sc=16&category=23345

Along with The Secret of NIMH (which sounds more like Poltergeist at times than Poltergeist II does, hehe):

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9739/.f

Yavar

20 hours ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Along with The Secret of NIMH (which sounds more like Poltergeist at times than Poltergeist II does, hehe):

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9739/.f

Yavar

Let's hope we get to see a truly complete version of that score too. I absolutely adore it. 

Karol

• 1 month later...

I picked this up recently, didn't own any previous release. 

I haven't listened to it yet, but I was curious if anyone here has any preference between the analog and digital mixes. Anyone like one over the other? If so, why?

Going to give it a listen in the next couple of days, and will read through the booklet at that time too. 

5 hours ago, MrJosh said:

I picked this up recently, didn't own any previous release. 

I haven't listened to it yet, but I was curious if anyone here has any preference between the analog and digital mixes. Anyone like one over the other? If so, why?

Going to give it a listen in the next couple of days, and will read through the booklet at that time too. 

I've also had this for ages which is still lying unopened because I obtained the Kritzerland edition a few months before it came out again. 

On the FSM there was a heavy debate on its merits between Doug Fake of Intrada and Kritzelands Bruce Kimmel. 

I think both sets have their own merits but generally the Intrada 3CD set is considered the winner. 

Intrada is considered the winner when it comes to the digital source, but Kritzerland absolutely put a lot more work into cleaning up the analogue source, and IMO the Intrada analogue disc does not sound as good as theirs. I'm not sure the debate between Intrada digital (with the extra unique alternate) vs. Kritzerland analogue was ever settled. Some people prefer the former while some prefer the latter.

Yavar

I agree. 

Kritzerland/James Nelson did a much better job with the analogue sources (which on the Intrada sound more thin, specially for the very dry mixing of the choral parts). I also remember some complaining regarding the first 8 tracks of the Intrada's analogue version on which some noise could be perceived [I never noticed it myself]. I think the Kritzerland version still is the best sounding version of this score.

But the original digital mixes also sound very good on the Intrada (even if a bit on the reverby side, which was the reason Kritzerland decided to do a new mix from analogue). What I like most in the Intrada version is the original version, with more chorus, of "Reaching Out" and that they undone the cross-fade between "The Worm" and "Out Of The Ceiling", which had anoyed me on all previous expanded editions (I still remember asking on the FSM Board, when the Kritzerland was out, why they decided to keep that cross-fade and I think the answer was like "we don't do cross-fades, it was already like this on the tapes" only to see it undone by Intrada a few years latter).

Thanks for the replies. I listened to the Intrada analog mix today and I could indeed hear a bit of noise on some tracks but not enough to be too bothersome. I'm intrigued now though, I kind of want to seek out the Kritzerland one.