Williams writing source music for The Last Jedi

Disco Stu

So I wonder why he declined doing the cantina song for TFA if he's up for it now. Maybe he was still continuing to recover from his surgery through the year and wanted to simply focus on the underscore, but now that he's presumably feeling better he just decided to go for it?

4 minutes ago, king mark said:

I hope not

You really are the Eeyore of JWFan.

2 minutes ago, mrbellamy said:

So I wonder why he declined doing the cantina song for TFA if he's up for it now. Maybe he was still continuing to recover from his surgery through the year and wanted to simply focus on the underscore, but now that he's presumably feeling better he just decided to go for it?

I was wondering this myself. 

17 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I was wondering this myself. 

Remember Hollywood people give politic (i.e. not actually true) explanations for things.  My guess is Abrams wanted to help write the song with Lin M. and that was that. 

Yep, whatever happens on Canto Bight it clearly involves some cool alien opera music. Must have been an exciting proposition for Williams if he insisted on doing it, considering he usually palmed prequel source music off to his son.

Nathan Johnson might be a bit disappointed that he couldn't contribute in some capacity though. I wonder if, secretly, Rian didn't get the answer he wanted? :lol:

For all the pre-talk about TFA cantina music, it was a huge letdown.  Was there a song written not in the movie or something?  What is in the movie is just bland. 

On 5/24/2017 at 7:11 PM, crumbs said:

Yep, whatever happens on Canto Bight it clearly involves some cool alien opera music. Must have been an exciting proposition for Williams if he insisted on doing it, considering he usually palmed prequel source music off to his son.

Nathan Johnson might be a bit disappointed that he couldn't contribute in some capacity though. I wonder if, secretly, Rian didn't get the answer he wanted? :lol:

Joe Williams only did Dex's Diner. The TPM source was Williams. 

15 minutes ago, Fal said:

Joe Williams only did Dex's Diner. The TPM source was Williams. 

Didn't realise this. Thought he did some of the source for TPM too.

I always knew Williams composed the source music for TPM

People confuse things with Lapti Nek and Dex Diner