What is the Last Cue You Listened To?

Sharkissimo

6 minutes ago, KK said:

Someone give this man a movie!

Austin Wintory to Score Paul Solet’s ‘De Niro’, starring Adrien Brody, John Malkovich, Antonio Banderas, Ori Pfeffer and Alexandra Dinu

It may not be a major tentpole production, but it is a movie.

"Stargazers" from Lights, Camera... MUSIC! by Lockhart/BPO

What a stupid album name.  Oh well.  This piece is so beautifully performed, I love it and I'm just so glad we have an "officially" recorded performance.

Just watched the film and was like, 'hmm the film's name sounds familiar...why?' Then I discovered it was because Howard Shore did the score! 

Some interesting jazz rhythms that remind me of cues like 'In the Trailer' from The Lost World.

4 minutes ago, KK said:

Fun score, that one. Great energy.

Yeah, it worked so well with the tense final heist, and this was right before Shore swept the film score scene up with Fellowship of the Ring!

This is perhaps both the silliest and best cue of the entire score for Krull. It is so breathless and so swashbuckling it seems to veer almost into parody territory in its over-enthusiasm and absolutely overblown brassy excitement but at the same time it is just a brilliant and rousing galloping piece of orchestral fun. Gotta love it!

On 8/7/2017 at 7:34 AM, Incanus said:

It is so breathless and so swashbuckling it seems to veer almost into parody territory in its over-enthusiasm and absolutely overblown brassy excitement but at the same time it is just a brilliant and rousing galloping piece of orchestral fun.

Sounds TOTALLY like a description of this cue;):lol:

7 hours ago, Maglorfin said:

Sounds TOTALLY like a description of this cue;):lol:

Ride of the Firemares is even more of a mad dash than that one although it is deliciously overblown too!

On 14/07/2017 at 4:07 AM, TheGreyPilgrim said:

Wonderfully atmospheric.

I can't access it. Is this the bit where Ellie meets HR Hadden? If so, fuck yeah!

The change where he says "certainly being handed your hat" is downright chilly, and it's the musical equivalent of "I like a man who stays put": its a quiet, yet very powerful exclamation point.

On 16/07/2017 at 0:46 AM, Sharky said:

I honestly prefer this to anything in Witness.

It's a lovely, leisurely ride, marred only by the calypso track, half way through side one. It never reaches the heights of MAIN TITLE/JOURNEY TO BALTIMORE, but its good, nevertheless.

On 06/08/2017 at 3:32 AM, Not Mr. Big said:

Barmy. Bonkers. Brilliant. And that's all I have to say, on the matter :)

On 15/07/2017 at 10:31 PM, TheGreyPilgrim said:

Amidst a dreary sea of a dozen Giacchino blockbusters and imitation Williams Star Wars scores for the increasingly bloated franchise, let us take five minutes to remember....

Oh. My. Goodness!

There's a damn good reason why this is #5 in my all-time top 5 JG tracks!

Desolate, scary, forlorn, and, at its climax, downright cathedral!

Cerebral, yet beautiful, at the same time. Not many composers can pull that off. Thank God for you, Jerry!

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 6:52 AM, Not Mr. Big said:

Underappreciated cue.  My favorite of the unreleased AOTC bits.

The militaire statement of Shmi's theme in the second half of the cue is really gorgeous.

:music: THE POWER.

The film is risible, and not even a sinister, creepy Julian Beck could save it, but the score grows that much better with every listen. Tbh, Goldsmith's craftsmanship, love, and care was totally wasted on this turd, but you really don't need me to tell you that, do you?

It's a pity nobody ever seems to talk about the first 37 seconds of this cue:

The turmoil of it, it's a precursor to a sound and mood heard much later in Born on the Fourth of July and JFK. It's a miniature adagio for Roy Neary.

• 2 weeks later...

Still listening to this album sometimes.  I love this one so much, in this setting it almost sounds like an especially frantic Rachmaninoff piano sonata or something. I really wish he'd gone ahead and done "Here They Come!" for the album too.

A brilliant overture for what appears to be a fairly undeserving film.  The middle section some clear parallels with Williams' Witches of Eastwick score but it still has it's own identity with more of a Russian (?) tilt than Williams' score.  And of course there's the melancholy final section which went on to be used for a couple years in the Oscars memoriam segments.

Who cares, it's a cute word. Baffle should be the name of an adorable lesbian heroine who has to rescue a clan of witches from being ground up into a smoothie by a green troll who thinks drinking witch's blood will make him immortal.

What I mean to say is, I don't know.

One of my favorite tracks from Inception. The electronics are a bit bothersome, but there is a nice haunting "love melody" in there. Fits the scene very well too.

1 hour ago, James said:

One of the results of the partnership between Verbinski and Silvestri. 

That partnership being cut super-short after two films, due to Silvestri getting nixed from POTC was really unfortunate, as I happen to quite enjoy both Mouse Hunt & The Mexican.