What is the Last Cue You Listened To?

Sharkissimo

2 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

One of my favorite tracks from Inception. The electronics are a bit bothersome, but there is a nice haunting "love melody" in there. Fits the scene very well too.

Bothersome? Ye gods!

On 9/7/2017 at 0:36 AM, kaseykockroach said:

I'm baffled Michael Giacchino's Medal of Honor gets any acknowledgement when this is all your ears need for out-of-body video game music. 

I like the Ratchet & Clank games and all, but MOH is a masterwork. It doesn't even come close. 

Always updating this playlist of mine, that has become a great introduction for any newbie, and an very enjoyable one for a die-hard fan too!

John Williams - A Fan's Playlist

This playlist includes tracks composed and/or conducted by John Williams, some well known and some lesser known. Enjoy!

One of Elfman's loveliest.  Romantic and lush.  Wish I could've found it on Youtube the way it's meant to be heard on the OST, transitioning directly into the "End Credits."

Fun fact: this movie was filmed in my hometown.

"Journey to Rouge City"

It's been a thrill for A.I. to be reclaimed as one of Williams' most subtle and layered masterpieces since the LLL set came out, but I'd also like to put in a word for climactic rush that Williams gives this cue with the Strauss quote/arrangement.  The way he builds the quote to an incredibly satisfying crescendo is a wonder to behold, with the stuttering rhythm of the rest of the cue remaining throughout.  So pleasurable to listen to.

Totally agreed, I could listen to that cue as "To Manhattan" (the first cue inside The Mecha World, not the other cue with the same name) endlessly, I just love em

On 30/9/2017 at 3:44 AM, Disco Stu said:

I’m definitely already calling this one of my favorite cues of the year.

This is a really good score.

You’re constant pushing off McCreay has me intrigued. What do you recommend for a complete newbie?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2017 at 10:44 PM, Disco Stu said:

I’m definitely already calling this one of my favorite cues of the year.

This is a really good score.

My most listened to 2017 cue easily (for now... heh heh)

• 2 weeks later...

"The Journey to the Grey Havens (feat. Sir James Galway)", by Howard Shore.

Whenever I think of the word bittersweet, I immediately think of this track and the scene from the film. Beautiful, heart-wrenching piece of music. You just wish it would go on forever.