What is the Last Cue You Listened To?

Sharkissimo

Lovejoy Chases Jack (and Rose)(alternate)

The perfect archetypical Mellow Pastures Village music from every RPG in the first half of the 2000s!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I used to love the 2004 adaptation of Vanity Fair when I was in high school/early college, I watched it on DVD a lot.  This cue brings back memories!  I forgot how much I liked Danna's theme.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

yooooooo

seriously though.

yoooooo

Under the Silver Lake is great.  @Nick Parker I bet you'd like this cue.

How the hell did I miss a Mitchell and Disasterpeace collaboration!? The synths and strings underneath and building over the trumpet, threatening to drown it...awwwwwww yeah, baby!

For myself, I've been listening to the main titles from Mars Attacks! So cute and goofy in its homage, but it's also so damn earnest and badass at the same time.

7 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

How the hell did I miss a Mitchell and Disasterpeace collaboration!? The synths and strings underneath and building over the trumpet

After a couple of listens I realized that I love that cue because it sounds like it could be a Zelda dungeon theme :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Unlike most people, I really love House of Sand and Fog. In fact, it's probably one of my top 5 Horner scores, and a well deserved Oscar nomination in 2003. This cue is perfect, somber, emotionally complex, beautiful...

• 3 weeks later...

The opening/closing titles to this 1982 second installment of our most beloved (Bud Spenceresque) crime/comedy series has been playing in my head all week since I rewatched it.

This is weird. I'm just listening to the concert arrangement of 'somewhere in my memory' (HA1 version) and it only just struck me how incredibly gentle and tender the beginning is. What a perfect way to end the year. So moved right now.

YouTube recommendations saw fit to put this in front of me so after noticing Zimmer's name I thought go on then, and took a punt. I've never watched the Kung Fu Panda movie.

Say what you like about Hans, and some grumps may sneer at the quasi ethnic flavouring, but you can't deny that he knows how to write really exquisite longline melodies on occasion. The reprise here sends shivers down my spine. Not bad considering I literally just discovered it. So thanks YouTube!

When I close my eyes and listen, I can see Rey becoming one with the Force (after being trained by master Yoda);):music:

For the first two Panda scores, I guess that (as usual) Powell did most of the score while Zimmer wrote a few themes, including the famous Oogway Ascends (pretty much the only thing I remember from those scores, but then again I haven't listened to them in a long time). The third Panda was almost all Balfe, which is why it's the least good in the trilogy, lol.

18 minutes ago, publicist said:

I guess the long-lined stuff was more Powell's doing. Just listen to this long cue that almost as as precursor to the Dragon scores.

CG animation musical bombast (at the beginning there) aside, whichever of the two men actually penned the theme in question they really landed on a stunning little melody, which I feel lucky to have eventually found. It's lovely, and most stirring.

It's a really entertaining album (the hip-hop in 'Hero', the first cue, and the coarse action stuff aside) and i credit Powell with the airy and often quite traditional orchestration style (cues like 'Dragon Warrior Among Us' is so balletic-ly un-Zimmer).

RGW's love themes for Wonder Woman and Hacksaw Ridge might be as simplistic as the ones from some generic CW teen show, but I still find them very touching. He is better when he is writing this sort of intimate music, and not RC power anthems: