What is the Last Cue You Listened To?

Sharkissimo

This cue (2h21m05s to 2h22m55s) is one of the best action cues by Horner. It's terribly sad that it wasn't inclused on the official OST, not even as a bonus track.

This version, however, includes tracking from War, which makes me think it was ripped right from the movie. On the recording sessions you can find the whole track without the tracking.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crap. Too bad this is just a standalone setpiece/source thing and skipping through the rest of the score it didn't seem to be for me.

"Adventure on Earth-?ET. Suite"

I just can't enjoy anything other than the amazing ORIGINAL.

On 7/24/2020 at 7:11 AM, Muad'Dib said:

So gorgeous. Makes me feel like I'm flying in a dream or something. Wish it was used on the film somewhere.

It's in the l9nger version I believe.

NETFLIX has a mini series version up.

Iirc this plays at the very beginning as a sort of ' prelude' over scenes of mountains and forests covered in snow!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2020 at 6:54 AM, Edmilson said:

Jackman's score for Civil War isn't exactly great, but this Goldsmithian end credits suite is one of my favorite guilty pleasures:

That score and Winter Soldier have some fantastic cues, they're far from the messes they seem to be regarded as. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I kept humming this little passage to myself this morning until I had to hunt it down on my phone to relieve it from my brain.

It's the small moments like these, where Shore really wears his heart on his sleeve, that makes this truly great film music. Beautiful moment, in film and score:

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/11/2020 at 9:20 AM, Edmilson said:

One of the best cues in the OST.

The title track is still my favourite, but this is also great. TT has so much energy, and a great melody <3 

I really liked all the cues with Leta Lestrange's material. She has a pretty good theme, and I hope she returns with more things to do on the next movies, just for JNH to develop her theme.

5 hours ago, Edmilson said:

I really liked all the cues with Leta Lestrange's material. She has a pretty good theme, and I hope she returns with more things to do on the next movies, just for JNH to develop her theme.

I thought

Spoiler

she'd died in CoG??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2020 at 8:46 PM, Edmilson said:

This cue (2h21m05s to 2h22m55s) is one of the best action cues by Horner. It's terribly sad that it wasn't inclused on the official OST, not even as a bonus track.

This version, however, includes tracking from War, which makes me think it was ripped right from the movie. On the recording sessions you can find the whole track without the tracking.

Thank you Ed Milson, that is such a great example of those unique once-in-a-while Horner stuff he used to throw out there (ironic considering his penchancy for self-plagiarism).

Another similar one is the epic synth choir stuff accompanying a lot of the internal sinking scenes in Titanic - Horner never did fully copy this.

I listened to Alan Silvestri's The A-Team. I was underwhelmed, didn't find much to hold onto or get excited about. Even something about the A-Team theme felt less exciting than I remember the TV theme sounding on the show. I don't like something about how the electric bass is mixed with the orchestra on the main theme. 

I can't believe the worst franchise Holllywood has ever created had its (risible) climax scored by such a badass cue like this (and from Carter fucking Burwell), while Avengers' final battle was scored by the same boring action music.

Desplat is usually know for his pretty waltzes and soft melodic scores, which I really like, but I think he is also really great when he does big bombastic action cues, and I think that's why Deathly Hallows is one of my favorites of his. It combines the beautiful melodies with epic action passages with some great themes and his fantastic orchestrations, as usual. I think over the two parts, I prefer the first one because it feels more balanced

And this is one of my favorite cues in the entire saga:

11 hours ago, Edmilson said:

I can't believe the worst franchise Holllywood has ever created had its (risible) climax scored by such a badass cue like this (and from Carter fucking Burwell), while Avengers' final battle was scored by the same boring action music.

And I agree with you, because as awful as the Twilight saga was, the scores were for the most part really great, and it really surprised me to see that Burwell was able to do that kind of big choral orchestral pieces

• 2 weeks later...