What is the Last Cue You Listened To?

Sharkissimo

More random, and not really score, but I went to a music-accompanied firework display the weekend before last, and the final track they used was this. It felt unusually cinematic for something like this, and it was synced to the visuals. I ended up buying the entire album based on this - it's actually a stock music orchestral/dance rework of the original.

Health warning: if you don't like anything that sounds like it could've come from Zimmer's camp (or you have low tolerance for 'trailer music'), move along. Your negativity is not required :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Witches of Eastwick, Ballroom scene. Oh. My. God. Just... beautiful.

The re-recorded version on Salute to Hollywood?

• 3 weeks later...

'You Shouldn't Walk In Shadows' by James Newton Howard from The Huntsman: Winter's War.

Beautiful theme. And some great woodwinds writing in this cue.

Something he is always very good in

1 hour ago, JNHFan2000 said:

'You Shouldn't Walk In Shadows' by James Newton Howard from The Huntsman: Winter's War.

Beautiful theme. And some great woodwinds writing in this cue.

Something he is always very good in

Gorgeous cue.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After seeing the movie last night this cue is stuck in my head, especially since it is reprised in its entirety for the end credits

And then Giacchino doesn't put it on the CD edition...

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/06/2022 at 3:55 AM, bruce marshall said:

"Prelude and Ripley Escapes" from ALIENS

Rips off two pieces at once, Khatchaturian "Gayneh" and  Horner

WOLFEN and ST:II.

The whole score is derivative rubbish

Although I don't necessarily agree about the whole score, the more I hear Horner's work, and the more I hear classical music, I realise that he does rip-off a lot of people, including himself.

45 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

This combo between Lebo M's African vocals and JNH's orchestral excellence is pure film music magic :love2: And I just LOVE the warm, reflexive passage starting at 2:50 

Great cue.

Han Solo and the princess, conducted by Dirk Brossé. Yeah, they're never going to release this fabulous gem on CD, are they? The only conductor who actually understands this piece.

Flight of Magorium - Desplat/Zigman

"Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium" isn't a score I revisit very often but each time I do, about 13 minutes of music stand out, and the above-mentioned cue is the absolute highlight of them. Even after listening to this cue so many times over the years it still sends chills down my spine somehow. It hits all the right notes. Other favorites are the main titles cue, Good Morning, Kermit, and the Finale.

I don't normally go for these compilation-of-a-theme type videos, but this video of all or nearly all the instances of Danny Elfman's Responsibility theme from the Raimi Spiderman films really gets me in the feels. I've always loved the Responsibility theme. In terms of melody, orchestration, how it's spotted in the film, and all the wonderful variations make it one of my favorite themes of all time. It's so powerful.

https://youtu.be/_jD6SoXMNy4

Just saw Nope and have really enjoyed each of Michael Abels's three collaborations with Jordan Peele now. They've got a good thing going and I hope they continue. This cue really did it for me in the movie, especially that bit at 0:47. 

• 2 weeks later...