BloodBoal

They already tried this, does no one remember?

‘Dracula Untold’ Begins Universal’s Monster Movie Shared Universe

How 'Dracula Untold's' New Ending Could Tie Into Universal's Monster Universe

It will fail again because it's a stupid idea and they seem unable to make a good movie (based on reviews of The Mummy at least).

2 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

I wonder how long this cinematic universe will last...

Much like our own, it will stretch on and on until it's a cold, starless, and empty vacuum filled with endless darkness and desolation.

2 hours ago, KK said:

That movie looked like a stinker from the very beginning.

Indeed. We didn't want a boring Tom Cruise falling out of a plane, we wanted George of the Jungle yelling and swinging a sword at daffy-looking CGI shit.

8 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Since every cinematic universe has its own thread...

Dark Universe Adding Hunchback of Notre Dame & Phantom of the Opera

I wonder how long this cinematic universe will last...

Well the title says it all. I sort of bet it is going to be a dark future for the dark universe.

The Mummy could have benefitted from a proper old-fashioned adventure score. The movie still wouldn't have been very good, but at least it would inject some life and - God help us - some actual fun into the proceedings.

At least not when it comes to your traditional "old-fashioned" scores. He's more suited for the pseudo-rock/pop stylings of Now You See Me [...] than your usual big blockbuster adventure fare.

The comments on this video are pretty hilarious and made me think of you for some reason. I think it's all the man/woman stuff.

Women hate being told what to do. So when Rick said Evy don't you think about it. She probably was thinking of leaving then he said that and she was like fuck you I can do it. Then Imhotep said help me, that's where he fucked up.

???

I hated The Mummy Returns.  Terrible sequel to a good movie.  I was 13 when it came out, and I remember it being one of the first movies of my childhood that I hated in a theater.  When you're a pre-teen and under you tend to like everything you see, since everything is new to you.

I've been told that one of the biggest problems with The Mummy is that so much of it just feels like set-up for more dark universe. If Universal is going to continue with the dark universe somehow, they're going to have make these films better, if they can. 

On 6/8/2017 at 4:11 PM, Mr. Breathmask said:

The Mummy could have benefitted from a proper old-fashioned adventure score. The movie still wouldn't have been very good, but at least it would inject some life and - God help us - some actual fun into the proceedings.

Studios don't want "old-fashioned" adventure scores, they want mood / noise music these days because strong themes are actually considered too old-fashion and or distracting, apparently. Not surprised by the composer / music choice. 

5 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Isn't that a problem with a lot of movies in those cinematic universes, anyway? Feeling like the producers are more interested in laying the groundwork for more sequels than they are in telling a proper, well-rounded story.

Marvel at least had the curiosity in 2008 to treat Iron Man like a one and done film, save for Nick Fury's cameo in the after-credits because even they realized it may have not been a hit at the time. 

All these studios want their own franchises these days, that they don't think ahead of time about the possibility of failure. It's very frustrating to say the least. 

• 1 month later...