John Williams on Who Wants to Be Millionaire

Trumpeteer

Just now, filmmusic said:

Oh, for a moment there, reading the title, I thought he went as a contestant!

Me too! I was like, What the...? Kind of a letdown now LOL. 

That's a pretty obscure question for the general public to know.  Anybody know what the dollar value of that question was?  I'll bet it was fairly high.

3 hours ago, Matt S. said:

That's a pretty obscure question for the general public to know.  Anybody know what the dollar value of that question was?  I'll bet it was fairly high.

Only $7,000. It was the sixth question. Basic deduction should have ruled everyone out except Williams. He used his +1 lifeline and they picked Katharine Hepburn.

Sorry about the misleading topic headline.

Obviously easy for us but I'd have thought A and C were obvious red herrings. Hepburn getting 50 nominations? Well, maybe the Oscars worked differently back in the Golden Age, but generally actors and directors can't rack up nominations the way technical category nominees can.

3 hours ago, Trumpeteer said:

Basic deduction should have ruled everyone out except Williams.

Basic deduction? For the average guy (especially someone who wouldn't really care about the Oscars), the most obvious solution would be to chose one of the most famous names amongst the choices, and the fact is John Williams is probably the least-known name amongst those 4. Doesn't surprise me he picked Hepburn.

• 2 months later...

That guy looks like someone who may not even be entirely certain who Steven Spielberg is! 

"Spielberg? Isn't that the dude who directed Titanic?" 

:P