Danny Elfman's JUSTICE LEAGUE (2017)

antovolk

I will say that the Batman theme in BvS was pretty weak. It sounded like a variation on Elfman's approach, just not done very well. At least Zimmer's two note thing and rhythmic bullshit was a radical departure. Junkie's firing was a necessary loss, but I fear Elfman ended up in some sort of epic duel where he didn't have the high ground prior to scoring this.

"Zimmer poured 12 years of his life into Batman". Right.

He poured 12 hours into Begins, and after having laid the groundwork, he poured 12 minutes into the rest.

When I think about Elfman's theme in a more contemporary guise with Elfman's fingerprints, as indicated by the preview tracks, I'm ready to climax.

Bring on the "happy jolly tune"!

And fuck you, Hans.

Funny that some people are so irritated by Elfman's comments, when the bullshit meter is going off the charts every time Zimmer claims his most recent score is so unique and he had sooooooooo much headache over it, 

27 minutes ago, gkgyver said:

When I think about Elfman's theme in a more contemporary guise with Elfman's fingerprints, as indicated by the preview tracks, I'm ready to climax.

I'm curious, because a lot of fans of Elfman's early stuff seem pretty disappointed: are you excited for the score because of the preview tracks, or are you more excited by Elfman's short comment?

I didn't think he was really bashing Zimmer in that clip. But the ego with which he boasts is amusing.

I see nothing to get offended about. And to be honest, I don't think this score will have much to offer either.

22 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

I'm curious, because a lot of fans of Elfman's early stuff seem pretty disappointed: are you excited for the score because of the preview tracks, or are you more excited by Elfman's short comment?

I'm excited because unlike with the Nolan Saga, I finally get a modern, contemporary Batman theme by a composer who has the musical chops to bring it into 2017 without falling flat on his ass because he doesn't know more than one, plodding, droning sound.

I like the preview music because it indicates that Elfman can go for the trademarked "epic Cinema" sound, without drowning it in bass and losing intelligence and orchestral variety.

1 hour ago, gkgyver said:

I like the preview music because it indicates that Elfman can go for the trademarked "epic Cinema" sound, without drowning it in bass and losing intelligence and orchestral variety.

I can agree with that.

10 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

Eventually you’ll just be conversing with yourself. ;)

Actually, filtering out those whose contributions never seem to amount to anything but griping and sniping makes for a far more clean, healthy JWFan experience, with absolutely nothing of value lost.  I recommend it to all.  At a certain point, all that can be said against such silliness has been said.

6 hours ago, TheGreyPilgrim said:

Actually, filtering out those whose contributions never seem to amount to anything but griping and sniping makes for a far more clean, healthy JWFan experience, with absolutely nothing of value lost.  I recommend it to all.  At a certain point, all that can be said against such silliness has been said.

I agree. ‘‘Twas a joke, hence the ;)

That's kinda cool. The theme doesn't really suit Batfleck, but it does sound as though we may get some good music from this terrible-looking film. All the previous DC entries since Batman & Robin haven't even warranted listening to the OSTs.

Shame. There are some really neat versions of the characters in that show such as The Penguin, who knocks Jada Pinkett Smith off a roof, Edward Nygma, who strangles his girlfriend, Alfred, who punches various women, calls an underage girl slutty and slaps teenage Selina Kyle etc. How the hell did that show even get made?

Well, judging by all the clips I've watched, we won't have to worry about music one way or another as the score seems to be so lousily mixed that you can barely hear it.

Karol

The use of the Elfman theme in that clip is good, as long as they don't go fullblown Elfman Batman. I always thought the beginning of that theme was good but once it got going I lose interest. Though I would have preferred a reworking of the Bruce Wayne theme from BvS, everything about Batman in that film was mean as hell including his theme. 

But then you get to the other stuff like them fighting CGItrashman or WW saving those kids and it's just ugh...my worst fears come true when they brought on Elfman. His music is always so in the way of the pictures on screen, it doesn't gel with one and other. Certainly doesn't elevate the material. Those two tracks that released were a warning of what was to come. Wish they had gone with James Newton Howard or Alexandre Desplat or something. 

2 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

These composers would have been completely wrong for this film.

Based on what? Both are versatile composers who have tackled pretty much every genre. What makes this film so special they couldn't do it?