Alan Silvestri's READY PLAYER ONE (2018)

crocodile

Well, I stand by the other scores. They're tonally, texturally and orchestrationally diverse from one another, yet they all share the DNA of Williams.

If that doesn't make him chameleonesque, I'd love to hear a composer who is.

2 minutes ago, Koray Savas said:

No, that cue is the only one like it in the score. 

Ah, so it's the Banning Back Home of Spacecamp. I'll have to give it a listen.

13 hours ago, Matt C said:

First Silvestri/Spielberg collaboration.

Hope it's a good one.

First as director. But Silvestri has done plenty with Spielberg as producer.

So I guess Silvestri is now out of the running for the Han Solo film. 

But Williams is now freed to to do it. Maybe Ron will give him a call. :P

Yeah, probably doubtful. But I would have liked to hear him do SW. Maybe even my first choice besides Williams. 

12 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

If he knocks RPO out of the park, maybe people will start calling him the next Williams and he'll get to do the following Star Wars films.

Some years ago, I said Silvestri is the next Williams, and Horner is the new Goldsmith. People just laughed at me.

Oh.....you're the first Trump supporter I've ever encountered.

Back on topic, here's my interview with Silvestri from a couple of years ago, where he talks about his relationship to electronic music (among other things) -- assuming that electronic music is indeed relevant for this particular project:

http://montagesmagazine.com/2015/10/im-still-a-rhythm-guy-a-conversation-with-back-to-the-future-composer-alan-silvestri/

2 hours ago, Woj said:

There are at least two here. Drax/Sally Spectra, Josh500, and probably someone else. I think Will is too. 

I'm a political moderate, and my views are always evolving (I'm in that formative stage of life). I like Trump more than many do, though, which means that, at the very least, I rarely join in the daily piling-on of criticism. 

2 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

2? How naive you are, wojo. Most Trump supporters keep quiet about it. Drax is one of the very few who likes to boast about it.

A quiet Trump supporter? Is that even possible? 

I guess it is statistically probable that any given forum has at least a handful of Trump supporters. I've just never interacted with one (and have no intention to). But this is all illegal discussions.

Silvestri for the win(e)!

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

I guess it is statistically probable that any given forum has at least a handful of Trump supporters. I've just never interacted with one (and have no intention to). But this is all illegal discussions.

Never, I repeat, NEVER venture into the "America" thread!

Welcome to JWFan, where politics and religion are off limits, except of course for our dedicated political threads, sanctioned by the inaction of our hypocritical yet beloved moderation team. 

12 hours ago, Bilbo Skywalker said:

Hey! I really enjoyed Bridge of Spies too!

No recollection of the score though. 

It's really very good.  One of my favorite Newmans, though undoubtedly my feelings for the music are tied to my feelings for the film.  Go back and listen to the track "Homecoming."  Gorgeous!  That classic Newman sound.

2 hours ago, Woj said:

Welcome to JWFan, where politics and religion are off limits, except of course for our dedicated political threads, sanctioned by the inaction of our hypocritical yet beloved moderation team. 

All things considered I'm surprised we've kept as civil as we have over the crazy election and now this crazy year.

9 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Maybe even zimmer does one.

I don't think Spielberg will ever hire Zimmer. Just see (or hear) Spielberg films - he likes a very different sound to his film than Zimmer is capable of producing.

23 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

All things considered I'm surprised we've kept as civil as we have over the crazy election and now this crazy year.

The well is all but poisoned all over the Internet. Very few places left it seems where people's brains are not completely addled by an election that happened what 8 months ago. I feel most people on the internet have still not recovered from it and most will never recover nor want to recover. Talking politics these days over the Internet is just one long face spraining eyeroll and a long sigh you let out as you stare into an abyss of maudlin self-pity and bad behavior. American politics is the most heinously bad and dastardly in the entire world.

3 hours ago, Thor said:

I guess it is statistically probable that any given forum has at least a handful of Trump supporters. I've just never interacted with one (and have no intention to).

Well you have now and I also have a fetish for album presentations.

I've been listening to the Batman Returns OST a ton lately. What a perfect album. I love the complete scores, but those albums are everything you need. Batman especially has some of the most impressive edits ever. You wouldn't even know they were there unless you were familiar with the complete cues.

Speaking of Silvestri, the original Back to the Future album was perfect too. Just the right sampling of score and songs from the film.

13 minutes ago, Sharky said:

The RotJ SE is like album sex. Longer, more intimate and extremely fulfilling.

It's more like sex going on for too long after you've taken a pill and she's obviously not into it anymore either and your vision is impaired on top of that.

5 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Giacchino talk is more poisonous than politics talk here at JWFAN!

You dare mention him? I know where you live...

9 hours ago, Sally Spectra said:

Well you have now and I also have a fetish for album presentations.

Well, that almost makes up for it! ;)

10 hours ago, TheUlyssesian said:

I don't think Spielberg will ever hire Zimmer. Just see (or hear) Spielberg films - he likes a very different sound to his film than Zimmer is capable of producing.

The well is all but poisoned all over the Internet. Very few places left it seems where people's brains are not completely addled by an election that happened what 8 months ago. I feel most people on the internet have still not recovered from it and most will never recover nor want to recover. Talking politics these days over the Internet is just one long face spraining eyeroll and a long sigh you let out as you stare into an abyss of maudlin self-pity and bad behavior. American politics is the most heinously bad and dastardly in the entire world.

Over here, everything is about Brexit. But,of course, it doesn't help it's been a year now and nobody seems to be informing anyone about anything. Just endless parade of soundbites and autopilot answers. And those for actual news and headlines for some reason. It's like that everywhere now it seems.

Karol

On 7/8/2017 at 8:24 PM, TheUlyssesian said:

Well that's just false. Williams' own Terminal lifts from Zimmer.