Gordy Haab's Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (2017)

Chewy

Playing the closed alpha now, no unreleased music yet, the recycled JW stuff sounds great and crisp (Spare Canister Cap, Battle Over Coruscant unused intro), Gordy's new material is pretty good, he even uses his Battlefront theme again!

There is no unreleased music in the alpha unfortunately. I ripped all of the files and went through them yesterday. Only a few new pieces from Haab so far too, most of the files seem to be re-used loops from the first SWBF.

• 2 weeks later...

Woah that second Rey's Theme bumper (heard in the same video as the first one) is awesome! 

Hope Williams reaches that level of weight in his TLJ arrangements. 

4 hours ago, Will said:

New BTS trailer out:

Music is orchestral from 1:10 on. Is it Haab? (I think I recognize the theme from Battlefront 1)

yep, sure is.

we also got a sneak-peak of Iden Versio's theme during the livestream when they welcomed Janina and Steve Blanc on stage (actress of Iden Versio and lead story designer respectively), and it sounds pretty damn good. nice dark flavours of choir in there.

• 2 months later...

Pretty cool reinterpretation of the Resistance Theme here, intertwined with the Force Theme and even some Duel of the Fates:

Clearly not Williams but at least we know his TFA themes are being quoted by Haab.

On 27/09/2017 at 10:43 PM, crumbs said:

Pretty cool reinterpretation of the Resistance Theme here, intertwined with the Force Theme and even some Duel of the Fates:

Clearly not Williams but at least we know his TFA themes are being quoted by Haab.

that was definitely a musical highlight of the video but although most of the music in there is Haab I'm almost positive that part was done by a trailer house. I hope to hear quotes of TFA themes though, hearing March of the Resistance in a different context got me excited for what Williams could do with it in TLJ.

50 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Like turf out the theme entirely and write something new? :P

Yeah it’s good but I preferred it when he used it for the Trade Federation first. 

This belongs in the Unpopular Opinions thread (maybe) but I can't stand March of the Resistance. Annoying to the extreme and an instant-skip for me.

I hope the theme gets jettisoned and replaced with something new in  TLJ.

Won't get a chance to really listen until tomorrow, but this sounds nice!

It seems there are at least a few TFA themes used, in new arrangements. 

On 9/30/2017 at 8:39 AM, crumbs said:

This belongs in the Unpopular Opinions thread (maybe) but I can't stand March of the Resistance. Annoying to the extreme and an instant-skip for me.

I hope the theme gets jettisoned and replaced with something new in  TLJ.

I'm mixed on it. It's one of those tunes that starts out great and then, eh. It's kind of an irritating cadence. Like when the X-Wings come in, those first few bars play like gangbusters, but then the "Da da! Da da! DA DA!" is less inspiring. The main melody is probably my least favorite aspect of the piece, actually. I like the descending tune that follows and the rest.

I kinda hope he doesn't use it that much anymore either but I also think it'd be kinda weird if he abandoned it entirely. I'm certainly expecting at least one reprisal.

On 9/30/2017 at 9:37 AM, Manakin Skywalker said:

March of the Resistance reminds me of Harry Potter meets the NFL for some reason. It's a nice sports theme.

With a little bit of Meet the Press thrown in for good measure.

• 1 month later...

Have you checked out the music in the campaign? Fantastic work! I got chills when a certain Force Awakens theme appeared in the end... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Two more tracks uploaded, "Iden Confronts Garrick" and "Fighting Hask."  I can't take credit for uploading them, but I'm keeping a running list to hopefully make a complete tracklist! 

Wow, this new music is awesome!!

That riff on "The Falcon" is really fun, and some of the emotional writing is really great. Obviously it's derivative of JW's style, but I don't care. 

1 hour ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

I'm the one uploading them by the way. I'll have some more on the way soon... plus another project that I'm not allowed to talk about at this time (involving BF2).

Thanks! :) 

11 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

I'm the one uploading them by the way. I'll have some more on the way soon... plus another project that I'm not allowed to talk about at this time (involving BF2).

Sounds official. If it's an officially-licensed OST, I'll buy it!

Loving the new Kylo Ren track! And I've been binge-listening to "Fighting Hask"... does this remind anyone else of The Last Crusade?

1 hour ago, bondo said:

Loving the new Kylo Ren track! And I've been binge-listening to "Fighting Hask"... does this remind anyone else of The Last Crusade?

Sounds absolutely like "On the Tank". Haab's decision, or request by EA? Little interview with Haab right HERE.

• 3 weeks later...

Gordy posted this on Facebook:

#StarWarsBattlefront2 Pro Tip: 
-Go to options, and navigate to music. 
- Select “continuous”. 
- Directly below this, select music volume and turn up an additional 4db. 
You’re welcome! 
Sincerely,
Composer of aforementioned music.

• 5 months later...

A Clone Wars update was just announced, the most exciting thing for me will be hearing Gordy's introduction and death cues for Obi-Wan, Anakin, Dooku and Grievous!

Prediction:  Dooku's will either be the tracked music for Obi-Wan being taken out of the end duel or Anakin getting his arm cut off.