John Powell's SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY (2018) - Deluxe Edition 2020 / Intrada 2-CD edition October 31, 2023

crocodile

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

Pretty sure he's been living in LA since breaking into the industry

Huh, that makes Solo being recorded in London even weirder, with Williams living in the US and all. Did they just do it for financial reasons?

53 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Huh, that makes Solo being recorded in London even weirder, with Williams living in the US and all. Did they just do it for financial reasons?

He probably just wanted a free trip to visit is parents.

2 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

He's from London originally so I guess it's a paid working trip in his home city.

2 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Almost certainly. The production was based in the UK and there would have been tax incentives.

Don't think I've ever been excited about the release of a tracklist before. It's nice to be feeling something positive for a change this year!

Just now, Bilbo said:

Ok so I only just found out this was happening...

well it be available on Amazon to buy or a speciality label? 

Digital and streaming only :(

16 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Why would the country a compose is born in have any relation to where a score is recorded?

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Why would the country a compose is born in have any relation to where a score is recorded?

I meant that it seemed strange to me that Powell, someone from the UK, would move to LA, work with a composer who also lives in that country and then record the score in the UK.

I don't understand the connection your brain is making there.  Disney decided the score would be recorded in London, so it was recorded in London.  It makes no difference where the composer is from or where he currently lives.

5 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Well I'm glad they did, since it appears to have made the wheels greasy enough to get a complete score release.

Yea and it's a terrific recording to boot

If Disney doesn't see the value in releasing this on CD, they should let Intrada do it IMO.  Maybe give it a few months or even a year to play on digital, and then let the nerds have their discs.  I'm sure Roger and Doug would salivate over the chance.  I'd rebuy.

Oh no doubt Intrada would be happy to do it!  I hope Disney Records lets them, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

3 hours ago, Jay said:

You guys are ridiculous.  It's currently 5am in Powell's local time and you were expecting a tracklist to be up by now?  Let the main wake up and have his coffee first!

Not sure if you've noticed, but JWFanners tend to be slightly impatient when it comes to these types of announcements! :P

I secretly hope he waits until 11.59pm now, just to troll everyone. 

So no bonus tracks. Oh well.

Long tracks are what we expected. Funny progression from Deluxe to Extra Deluxe to Super Extra Deluxe!

Love "Kessel Run in Less Than 12 Parsecs" since it's not much under 12 minutes.

Stormtrooper Karaoke is the other source cue?

I don't get being so excited for a track list for the whole score for a movie you've seen already.  You already know what's on it!!

So now when is it being released?

3 minutes ago, Jay said:

14 Chicken In The Pot feat. Baraka May & Reid Bruton 2:08

Discogs only credits Baraka May with vocals for the OST. So is the low bass voice Reid Bruton then?

A tiny tiny bit bummed this doesn't have the superior OST version and Adventures of Han. But it's not like they're gonna be hard to copy over from my OST rip, it'd just have been nice to make it 100% comprehensive.

5 minutes ago, Jay said:

16 Stormtrooper JP-054 Karaoke feat. John Powell 2:08

Huh. He was the one whistling?

Just now, Holko said:

Discogs only credits Baraka May with vocals for the OST. So is the low bass voice Reid Bruton then?

A tiny tiny bit bummed this doesn't have the superior OST version and Adventures of Han. But it's not like they're gonna be hard to copy over from my OST rip, it'd just have been nice to make it 100% comprehensive.

Leaves room for the completely guaranteed Intrada disc release to include bonus tracks, eh? ;)

9 minutes ago, Demodex said:

So now when is it being released?

November

3 minutes ago, Demodex said:

Seriously I am excited about the release. By "digital" that means it will be available for downloading?

Yea

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

4 Spaceport 4:09
5 Gonna Be A Pilot 0:30
6 Empire Recruitment 0:32

So we first get the cut to Mimban with the big oppressive Imp March, then the fun upbeat source music? Wonder how well that'll work.

Oh, Mimban Battle would be the big Imp March, Gonna Be A Pilot is probably for the transition to the deleted scene?

Just now, Holko said:

So we first get the cut to Mimban with the big oppressive Imp March, then the fun upbeat source music? Wonder how well that'll work.

I assumed the Imperial March statement would kick off track 7. Is there not music underscoring the conversation with the recruitment officer?

Just now, Alan said:

Is there not music underscoring the conversation with the recruitment officer?

Yeah but I thought I remembered that directly leading into the Imp March as we cut away to years later.

Just now, Holko said:

Yeah but I thought I remembered that directly leading into the Imp March as we cut away to years later.

Oh I think you might be right actually. Looks we're not fully chronological there. Possibly.

Some people on Instagram are getting extremely excited about the "deluxe" and "super deluxe" versions of Train Heist, Mine Mission and the Kessel Run. However, looking at the track times, they are the same length as the OST cues stuck together. Granted, there are likely to be a few alternate segment within them, but I get the impression some people believe there is a wealth of unreleased material for these segments when there isn't. I wonder why these tracks have been combined though.

The full End Credits is a completely different story however - that's probably the most ingriguing thing of the whole lot!

Can't wait!

1 minute ago, GiacchinoCues said:

Some people on Instagram are getting extremely excited about the "deluxe" and "super deluxe" versions of Train Heist, Mine Mission and the Kessel Run. However, looking at the track times, they are the same length as the OST cues stuck together. Granted, there are likely to be a few alternate segment within them, but I get the impression some people believe there is a wealth of unreleased material for these segments when there isn't. I wonder why these tracks have been combined though.

The full End Credits is a completely different story however - that's probably the most ingriguing thing of the whole lot!

We already know there's quite a bit of unreleased material in those cues. There are several film inserts in Train Heist for example that were omitted from the OST (about a minute of new material combined for that one cue).

Also, since all the Inserts & Overlays are surely integrated into the cues in the new main program, by my count there are 21 cues that could have been presented in their original, without-Inserts-without-Overlays versions as bonus tracks, if he had been so inclined