John Powell's SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY (2018) - Deluxe Edition 2020 / Intrada 2-CD edition October 31, 2023

crocodile

Hahaha I was sure it had been discussed. I even did a search, but I often fail to find exactly what I'm looking for with the forum's search engine, and this was such a case. So I thought I'd just ask.

Thanks for the replies to you all!

On 12/9/2020 at 4:02 PM, Jay said:

Is there an English translation for the Enfys Nest theme choir, or is it just syllables Powell picked that sounded good?

Does anyone have a serious answer to this question?

Looks like the phonetic pronunciation he wanted the singers to sing, not necessarily anything that relates to an actual language, if he did base things off one.

Interesting!

It's interesting too that "Se ne cohrah pibo / kamake raheyoh / yuta ki ya no miniteh / sene cornah deno kam" is the only parts that appear in multiple cues, otherwise each cues uses unique phrases

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, WampaRat said:

Listened to that interview. Gosh I love Powell. Nothing really revelatory in the interview.

However he did share how the film was just a breathe away from getting scored by Hans Zimmer due to Howard’s previous relationship with him. But Hans vouched for Powell and told Ron Howard he was in good hands. So glad Powell got the chance. And he didn’t disappoint!

Oh, wow! That would have been... Well, it would have been something! 

EDIT: Hadn’t finished the whole interview. Turns out John Powell intended to include the major key Imperial March recruitment music at the end of the OST. Williams heard it and said “what the hell is that?” And JP took it off😆

Whaaaat

Also JP said the reason why the SOLO score wasn’t submitted for Oscar campaign was an “interesting story” that he can’t possibly relate 

I hope we get to hear this story when he retires

But Hans vouched for Powell and told Ron Howard he was in good hands.

Don't say Hans never gave us anything!

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

So we almost had a JW/HZ collaboration... the world would have imploded.

The world wouldn't have given a shit, but our website here would have imploded. And some commenters on YouTube would have probably said how much better the Zimmer tracks were compared to the JW tracks.

Turns out John Powell intended to include the major key Imperial March recruitment music at the end of the OST. Williams heard it and said “what the hell is that?” And JP took it off😆

And then I got the Deluxe Edition, and I also took it off!

JW prevented the Imperial March gag from being on the album before he saw how it worked in the move. That's such a typical JW move.

12 hours ago, Smeltington said:

some commenters on YouTube would have probably said how much better the Zimmer tracks were compared to the JW tracks.

Yeah, people who don't like classical music, such as Jay... ;)

12 hours ago, Smeltington said:

And then I got the Deluxe Edition, and I also took it off!

JW's JWFan identity revealed.

20 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

God, that zimmer connection is scary.

Its just a matter of time, sadly. Too many directors have collaborated with him...

I say 75 percent he will score Squadrons with Patty Jenkins. His apparent initial enthusiasm toward Solo is scary.

48 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Interesting that JW was sent an assembly of the OST for approval... reckon that happened with Rogue One? :P

It "got lost" on the way back.

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

I say 75 percent he will score Squadrons with Patty Jenkins. His apparent initial enthusiasm toward Solo is scary.

I raise to 76%.

I thought the part where Powell said only 1 of Williams’ 6 demos ended up in the place in the film it was written for was quite interesting, too.

Which do we think the 6 cues were, again?

1 hour ago, crocodile said:

If I were to bet I'd say the one that stayed where it was supposed to be is the last one. 

Karol

Yeah I vaguely recall Powell confirming it was the Parting Ways cue. It remained 100% Williams from start to finish.