John Powell's SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY (2018) - Deluxe Edition 2020 / Intrada 2-CD edition October 31, 2023

crocodile

I appreciate Iiner notes as much as the next guy - an especially fond memory was reading the LLL notes for Jurassic Park while listening to the new CDs with a whisky as the rain was falling outside - but I can hardly say that I am “very sad” about their omission here.

I don’t know if it’s because it’s for a score to a movie I think is way below ‘any’ kind of standard of what is considered an ‘ok’ film (even though the score is above most standards) or if it’s because it’s a digital release and I know that I’ll only glance over that PDF once...

10 minutes ago, Bounty95 said:

We will get our liner notes if Intrada manages to make a CD release happen ;)

Hopefully, but not a guarantee - I don't think they've added any liners to other digital-only albums they gave CD releases to (20,000 Leagues, Tinkerbell, Up, Avengers, Toy Story 3, etc) have they?

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

Hopefully, but not a guarantee - I don't think they've added any liners to other digital-only albums they gave CD releases to (20,000 Leagues, Tinkerbell, Up, Avengers, Toy Story 3, etc) have they?

20,000 has notes...

6 minutes ago, HunterTech said:

Have we completely forgotten digital booklets are a thing? I don't know if many Disney releases have them, but I assume Powell would want one if he cares about it enough.

He said there wasn't going to be one, which is what kickstarted  this convo.

I have no idea, it's from this poster. On the background, there is some likes Tantive 4 ships  in the sky, almost the Jabba Place, and its on Tatooine. Nothing is in the film ^^

gxhp.jpg

If I had to guess, having just seen the movie a few days ago, I'd guess that the scene on yaks would be between the train heist and the arrival at Dryden's ship for their first meeting - after Han, Chewie, and Woody Harrelson are out in the snow.  It doesn't really seem to fit anywhere...

So that means whatever instrument group is 6 down from the top is only used in one cue?

I figured it would be easy to figure out which one is Chicken in the Pot because that's the only one with solo vocals, but I guess they are on the same line as the choir in other cues? 

This is also further evidence they completely abandoned the stereo mixes used for the OST album and made brand new mixes from scratch for the entire album

I really hope the last track isn't the final mix. That's a straight-up wall of sound right there!

It's way too hard to tell considering the resolution of the image, but I can't make out any clean openings/endings either. Hopefully it's not a Clone Wars movie OST situation where each track segues into the next. That would suck.

4 hours ago, Jay said:

What?  The album tracks go from left to right, the different instrument groups are what goes top to bottom

You weren't replying to me, right? Considering I know and that was not at all what I was referring to.

5 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Did P-man comment on whether there will be a CD release in the future?

No physical release; digital download/streaming only.

Hopefully in the future with Intrada, if Disney Records aren't interested in releasing it themselves.

I know it's really close to release now, but I decided to Shazam a couple of tracks, and lo and behold, they worked.

I tried to make some sense of the FILM End Credits, and the various sections of it:

Star Wars theme 0-0:29,  Reminiscence Therapy 0:29-1:00, Hyperspace 1:00-1:26, Lando’s Closet 1:26-3:00, Mine Mission 3:00-4:39, Corellia Chase 4:39-6:26, Flying with Chewie 6:26-8:34

And all these sections of the FILM credits Shazam as part of the Super Deluxe End Credits Suite (7MEC) cue, EXCEPT the section from Reminiscence Therapy, which always referenced the track Reminiscence Therapy itself.

Tl;dr - don't expect the End Credits suite to be wholly new.

I'm having flashbacks to some other Shazam related moment on the board - was it how we figured out the TROS OST tracklist?

29 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

There was the music from the Anthony Daniels video that I found through YouTube's copyright system, but that's probably not it. Something involving the TROS album and Shazam sounds familiar too...

Wasn't it sticking parts of the FYC into Shazam to find out album track titles?

50 minutes ago, Bofur01 said:

Wasn't it sticking parts of the FYC into Shazam to find out album track titles?

That's what it was.  Someone shazam'd the FYC tracks, and as soon as we got one hit we could increment the ID# in the URL until we found all the TROST OST titles, plus something about smoking weed that had an ID# in the middle of all the OST tracks

EDIT: Here's where the fun begins!

https://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/30756-the-rise-of-skywalker-disney-records-ost/page/6/&tab=comments#comment-1673066

6 hours ago, Jay said:

That's what it was.  Someone shazam'd the FYC tracks, and as soon as we got one hit we could increment the ID# in the URL until we found all the TROST OST titles, plus something about smoking weed that had an ID#

Most Wanted Unreleased Cues