LLL August Heads Up? Is a New JW cd release imminent?

Amer

2 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

? where is the Williams hint? I don't understand..

Its pretty much in the discussion. It starts with the discussion on THE COWBOYS reversed channel and ventures into Williams territory. 

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=120794&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=1&r=764#bottom

37 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

yes, I read that discussion but still didn't see it. Anyway.

Hope you're right though! :up:

I have a good feeling. Im just an optimist ;)

Just now, publicist said:

For 'The Cowboys'?

No. We don't know anything yet but you're welcome to make a guess. 

3 minutes ago, publicist said:

I just hope it's not 'The Towering Inferno'.

"We may never love like this agaaaaiiin!"

Just now, publicist said:

I just hope it's not 'The Towering Inferno'.

Like it or not.. its coming.  But don't know for sure if its in this batch?

Just now, azahid said:

Like it or not.. its coming.  But don't know for sure if its in this batch?

That is still one of the few bottlecaps missing from my collection so I'll welcome it.

Just now, Incanus said:

That is still one of the few bottlecaps missing from my collection so I'll welcome it.

I would hope for a 2CD set with The LP OST album. The FSM release was quite thorough being the film score.

Apart from 'Poseidon Adventure', there is no early 70's score that is less interesting. Bring on 'Eiger Sanction', 'Earthquake', 'The Cowboys' (even if the Varése is really quite enough) or 'Story of a Woman' (and put that bluesy theme from 'Sugarland Express on as a bonus).

1 minute ago, crumbs said:

Is there something you're not letting us know, Aza? Spill the beans!

Sorry No beans to spill. I'm just assuming here. All conjectures. That hint is potent but its all conjecture on this post. take it with some grain please. 

22 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

So, it's another of those endless "There could or couldn't be a Williams title in the next batch. I don't know, but let's hope!" threads?

Cool.

Ah they only come around once a month to be fair!

2 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

So, it's another of those endless "There could or couldn't be a Williams title in the next batch. I don't know, but let's hope!" threads?

Cool.

LOL -At this rate we just might get something in coming month or months! :D

2 hours ago, Incanus said:

Mine too.

Along with Earthquake, The Eiger Sanction and The Reivers.

2 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Cool.

Shouldn't you be creating a useless poll?

Now that I'm totally addict to expanded score, thanks to this forum, I have to admit I will buy all new expansions... even if it's an expansion of Heartbeeps or Images. :P

From what I read in the FSM thread, the prospect of a new, previously unreleased Williams score is slim indeed. PETE'N'TILLIE seemed to be more a fortuitous circumstance. So I'll just continue to have a laidback attitude to any new Williams announcement -- 9 times out of 10, it will be an expansion.

35 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Now that I'm totally addict to expanded score, thanks to this forum, I have to admit I will buy all new expansions... even if it's an expansion of Heartbeeps or Images. :P

Images is a great score and not a laughing matter! ;)

Perhaps William's most unique.

2 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

Images is a great score and not a laughing matter! ;)

Perhaps William's most unique.

I'm not ready for it, it's no you, it's me! :P

3 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Please let it be Far and Away...

Love that score, but I don't think anything major is missing from the OS.

1 hour ago, Josh500 said:

Let's hope it's one of the Oliver Stone movies!

JFK, Born on the Fourth of July, or Nixon!

JFK is tied up in clearance for now. It will happen next year at best. Again, this  above post is just my speculation/question that a new JW expansion is coming based on the FSM post. It could even spill over in Sept onwards.

Azahid, you are too much!

Mike works on releases from all composers, not exclusively John Williams.  There is absolutely nothing in that entire thread that indicates a JW release is coming from LLL in August in any way, shape, or form.  Please chill!

19 minutes ago, Jay said:

Azahid, you are too much!

Mike works on releases from all composers, not exclusively John Williams.  There is absolutely nothing in that entire thread that indicates a JW release is coming from LLL in August in any way, shape, or form.  Please chill!

Thanks Jay!

I'm all chill about it. Apparently I'm not the only one who felt the same about the message as others were also thinking the same. Go read the thread again. Besides If you read my title here is also just a question. Its OK to speculate and make a guess ? Whats  wrong with that? It may or not be August but we know a lot is coming indeed.

And MM has also just reconfirmed to me Its not August. So Chill.

I don't get parts of y our last post...

1. We know a lot is coming: As in 'four releases is a lot' or as in 'a select group of people know a lot of JW is coming this year so there's not much time left'?

2. MM confirmed it's not August: as in 'MM looked at his calendar to make sure we're still July' or as in 'not hing JW is coming in August' which would make the entire thread pointless?

2 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Yes, Home Alone 2 is in desperate need of revisiting.  I think there's 3 seconds of unreleased hiss on one of the tapes.

I need that hiss. The release isn't complete without it!

Well, Matessino did say we need to save our pennies... yet all we've had since JP/TLW was Stanley & Iris. Methinks there's a lot coming towards the Christmas season, probably to get boosted sales.

I'd have put my money on both CE3K and ET happening alongside something more recent (like a Potter box) but now that we know both are getting OST re-releases... well, I have no idea.

• No JFK due to rights holdup
  • No Indiana Jones as Concord still have the rights
  • No Star Wars this year, according to sources
  • We have sessions for Schindler's List, Minority Report, War of the Worlds and KOTCS so there's less marketability for those scores
  • Saving Private Ryan, Lincoln, The Terminal, Seven Years in Tibet, Munich, Catch Me If You Can, The Book Thief and Stepmom are all basically complete on OST

We do have a slight hint from Williams about Amistad, so my money's on that. 40 minutes of unreleased score and from the same era as The Lost World and Rosewood (both already expanded). Is there much left from The Patriot? War Horse and Tintin are too recent, and only the latter really has much unreleased material.

3 hours ago, azahid said:

Thanks Jay!

I'm all chill about it. Apparently I'm not the only one who felt the same about the message as others were also thinking the same. Go read the thread again. Besides If you read my title here is also just a question. Its OK to speculate and make a guess ? Whats  wrong with that? It may or not be August but we know a lot is coming indeed.

And MM has also just reconfirmed to me Its not August. So Chill.

You completely misinterpreted his entire post  It was supposed to be a thread about LLL's August titles.  People talked about The Cowboys.  He replied about the Cowboys.  Then he tried to veer the thread back to the topic its supposed to be about, by talking about LLL's August slate, saying its good because some administrative hiccups have been cleared.  Nobody would therefore jump to the conclusion that Mike said that specifically because a JW title he is working on is coming in August, except you.

Again, he works on releases by many different composers.  

Well, Aznavour is not planing to release another album soon too. So we're safe. Let's concentrate on The Last Jedi.

18 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

So is there a new JW release from LLL in August, yes or no?

2 hours ago, azahid said:

And MM has also just reconfirmed to me Its not August.