LLL August Heads Up? Is a New JW cd release imminent?

Amer

10 minutes ago, pete said:

Hi Crumbs, what was the Williams Amistad hint you referred to earlier?

In an interview regarding the 3rd Williams/Spielberg Collaboration, Williams said something like, "I was particularly fond of Dry Your Tears, Afrika... a unique opportunity that this particular film, Amistad, which I'm now beginning to remember very well, to write something for children, for chorus." Around 23:00 here:

http://kusc.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Jim-wiith-John-Williams-April-2017.mp3

In the same interview he said he recently revisited Jurassic Park for "a new release" (presumably the 3D re-release which had a new sound mix) and also the ending of Munich, for whatever reason.

5 minutes ago, La La Land Records said:

No Williams in August,  but lots in the future.

Stay tuned

Define 'lots' ;)

Thanks for the update though. There'll always be a captive audience for any release you guys work on, especially a Mike Matessino project with Williams' team.

Just now, crumbs said:

Thanks for the update though. There'll always be a captive audience for any release you guys work on, especially a Mike Matessino project with Williams' team.

Yes!

3 hours ago, Jay said:

You completely misinterpreted his entire post  It was supposed to be a thread about LLL's August titles.  People talked about The Cowboys.  He replied about the Cowboys.  Then he tried to veer the thread back to the topic its supposed to be about, by talking about LLL's August slate, saying its good because some administrative hiccups have been cleared.  Nobody would therefore jump to the conclusion that Mike said that specifically because a JW title he is working on is coming in August, except you.

Again, he works on releases by many different composers.  

I guess I jumped to a conclusion but that's why this post was steered as question about an imminent release or Not?  And we now have the answer directly from the people involved.  Which is great! I would just like to add thats its OK to speculate and question what's coming and not coming. It's a fandom thing. We as students of film music get excited pretty much when we hear new rumblings. (Sometimes I have other information which I may interpret using from what's available on the public forum and I did just that naturally) I think last year I had used the same type of posts about an upcoming JW release and you were also a part of that vibe. And what a great release that was!  Intrada plays the guessing game everytime and its just the same way how everyone reacts. It isn't 'too much' as you indicated. Now its clear that MM was talking in context of the general releases. And LOL yes...we all Know that MM works on a number of projects and not just John Williams. 

But anyways, there is a lot positive vibes now in the group here and we are all excited about the upcoming Williams lot. I also believe we as a group should move away from the usual Williams banter and discuss the wealth of film music and its in context of expansions and the art of film music itself. Many years from now when Music Historians may look back and study us and our discussions; and they will hopefully, find relevant discussions to their credit.

8 minutes ago, azahid said:

I also believe we as a group should move away from the usual Williams banter and discuss the wealth of film music and its in context of expansions and the art of film music itself. Many years from now when Music Historians may look back and study us and our discussions; and they will hopefully, find relevant discussions to their credit.

I believe we can intuit azahid's answer to this question :D 

35 minutes ago, azahid said:

I guess I jumped to a conclusion but that's why this post was steered as question about an imminent release or Not?  And we now have the answer directly from the people involved.  Which is great! I would just like to add thats its OK to speculate and question what's coming and not coming. It's a fandom thing. We as students of film music get excited pretty much when we hear new rumblings. (Sometimes I have other information which I may interpret using from what's available on the public forum and I did just that naturally) I think last year I had used the same type of posts about an upcoming JW release and you were also a part of that vibe. And what a great release that was!  Intrada plays the guessing game everytime and its just the same way how everyone reacts. It isn't 'too much' as you indicated. Now its clear that MM was talking in context of the general releases. And LOL yes...we all Know that MM works on a number of projects and not just John Williams. 

But anyways, there is a lot positive vibes now in the group here and we are all excited about the upcoming Williams lot. I also believe we as a group should move away from the usual Williams banter and discuss the wealth of film music and its in context of expansions and the art of film music itself. Many years from now when Music Historians may look back and study us and our discussions; and they will hopefully, find relevant discussions to their credit.

Amer, my points are:

-There's nothing wrong with being excited about, and hoping for, more Williams expansions!

-It should not be assumed that every time MM speaks, he's referring to something to do with John Williams!

-Next time you see a post from him and jump to a wild conclusion that it COULD refer to JW release, you don't need to start a huge thread in the main JW forum that only ends up getting people needlessly excited.

-I had already quoted MV's post about their August slate right here.  You could have just popped into that thread to mention Mike M's post in the thread and say you hope that / wonder if he is referring to Williams.

That's all!

Now all that being said, now that MV has ACTUALLY PUBLICLY said that Williams releases are coming, let's wildly speculate about what they could be!

:)

:lock2: