Does John Williams sign autographs before/after shows?

decembersun

Hi, I'm hoping someone could help me with a question. I have a ticket to hear John Williams next month conduct the Nashville Symphony, and I'd very much like to get his autograph (I have a vinyl of "Accidental Tourist" I'd love for him to sign. I know, it's not one of his "big" scores but it's a favorite of mine.) But here's the situation: I just have a general seating ticket, and not one of the $750 VIP tickets and I'm curious, does Mr. Williams still take time to sign autographs for people in the general audience, or does he only do this for the VIP people?

Thanks!

I think even for VIP it is very unlikely these days.  He just doesn't do it as often as he used to.  He doesn't mingle with mere mortals these days.  With that said, you never know.  Is it not the same thing to buy his autograph from eBay?

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/john-williams-signed

27 minutes ago, karelm said:

I think even for VIP it is very unlikely these days.  He just doesn't do it as often as he used to.  He doesn't mingle with mere mortals these days.  With that said, you never know.  Is it not the same thing to buy his autograph from eBay?

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/john-williams-signed

Those would be great, but those prices are my grocery budget for at least a month or two. Plus I'd love to be able to tell him in person how important his music has been. Sad to hear he doesn't mingle with mere mortals as much.

You can always write a letter to his manager at Gorfaine Schwartz, I understand they stockpile fan letters and deliver to him every now and then but the odds are low you'll get a response.  Good luck.

Yeah, that might be my only option. I just heard back from the Nashville Symphony and apparently he's not doing any signatures, not even for the $750 VIP folks, so I might be out of luck on a signature, but I do still plan on enjoying his music that evening.   :)

• 1 month later...

Facebook brought up this photo today and I figured I'd share it again - it's John Williams signing my Hook LP outside of Symphony Hall in Boston on May 14th, 2010

Image may contain: one or more people and indoor

On 02/08/2017 at 11:06 PM, decembersun said:

Yeah, that might be my only option. I just heard back from the Nashville Symphony and apparently he's not doing any signatures, not even for the $750 VIP folks, so I might be out of luck on a signature, but I do still plan on enjoying his music that evening.   :)

Try writing to Boston Symphony PR/ Marketing dept. They will send you a signed picture by him.  Write a polite and friendly letter and praise the Boston pops etc. Good Luck!