E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial La-La Land ANNOUNCEMENT Thread

Jay

So things we can confirm from that picture:

• The complete score presentation on disc 1 has 23 tracks
  • Disc 2 starts off with the OST (8 tracks listed)
  • There are 12 bonus tracks
2 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

What is the Second Disc website?

https://theseconddisc.com/

13 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

So things we can confirm from that picture:

• The complete score presentation on disc 1 has 23 tracks
  • Disc 2 starts off with the OST (8 tracks listed)
  • There are 12 bonus tracks

https://theseconddisc.com/

23 sounds almost right.

It should be 24, unless 2 cues are combined in one track, or one cue is on the 2nd disc, out of the main programme.

48 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

23 sounds almost right.

It should be 24, unless 2 cues are combined in one track, or one cue is on the 2nd disc, out of the main programme.

That wouldn't be surprising after Jurassic Park.

Damn, that's a lot of bonus material!

They're actually announcing the track listing EARLIER than they usually do.  LLL's MO is that they release track listings the morning of the release date.  So we'll have a four day early announcement, for whatever it's worth.

I guess I usually don't notice because almost nothing interests me anymore or I just trust that it will be right.

12 bonus tracks? I apologize if the spacing is fucked, but it's the God damn forum's fault. That should include:

- Alternate Michael's Search

- Alternate E.T. Is Dying

- Alternate End Credits

- Alternate Saying Goodbye

- Possibly the film assembly of Escape/Chase/Saying Goodbye

That's what I can think of being included going by the previous CD releases. Which leaves maybe 7 or 8 tracks to include at least 4 tracks from the E.T. Adventure ride.

54 minutes ago, Evil-Lyn said:

That's what I can think of being included going by the previous CD releases. Which leaves maybe 7 or 8 tracks to include at least 4 tracks from the E.T. Adventure ride.

I hope it's the 2 early versions of the first cue (after the main titles), which we don't know if they were recorded.

And 6m2 Levitation.

8 minutes ago, filmmusic said:

I hope it's the 2 early versions of the first cue (after the main titles), which we don't know if they were recorded.

And 6m2 Levitation.

6M2 might not have even been recorded. If it's worth anything, the LaserDisc version of the scene awkwardly incorporated tracked music.

4 hours ago, azahid said:

Hey where did those M&Ms come from suddenly...?? :lol:

They are Reese's Pieces, not M&Ms. Haven't you seen the movie? 

41 minutes ago, JasonTHX said:

Can't really make anything out from this. The third last track on disc 1 is a long title so I guess that's the Escape/Chase/Bikes/Goodbye track.

That would be strange as in the film there's no cue between the goodbye scene and the end credits. Maybe they've split up the cue, the escape/chase part on one track and the goodbye part on the following track. There was also a pause between these two parts on the original album.

Based purely on text length (I know it's blurred), can anyone line up the cue titles with the track titles? Doesn't MM usually retain cue titles for his assemblies unless Williams requests a change.

Weirdly, it does appear there's a track between Rescue/Bike Chase/Departure and End Credits. Has that 15 minute finale been split up?

Thinking about it, what he's probably done is:

• 21. The Rescue/The Bike Chase
  • 22. The Departure (Film Version)
  • 23. End Credits

He's very smartly split up the Rescue/Chase cues from The Departure because the alternate(s) of The Departure are presented individually on disc 2. This way, people can create their own edit of the climax by attaching their favourite version of the cue to track 21.

4 hours ago, Jay said:

They are Reese's Pieces, not M&Ms. Haven't you seen the movie? 

I only know M&Ms and SMARTIES.

So anyone still going to buy the 4k blu ray set with the ost remastered set? Unlike disc 2 on LLL set there wil no bonus cues on it. Its just going to be the album stand alone cd. 

I pre-ordered it way before the LLL CD was announced, but I'll stick to it anyway. The artwork will be different and, who knows, some different sound tweaking just to say it'll be different from LLL (even though it's the same master). I still don't have a 4K set-up, btw. E.T., CE3K and Blade Runner will be my perfect excuse to finally get one.

Everyone's apparently upgrading to 4K and meanwhile I'm thinking of "upgrading" to Blu-ray 3D technology that everyone's abandoning just so I can watch Titanic.